STOLEN: Blackmachine B2 in Glasgow, Scotland

• Thread starter chronocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
Apologies if this isn't in the right place. I'm hurriedly posting round various forums.

My Blackmachine B2 was stolen from my Glasgow flat yesterday (along with a beat up 1974 ivory P-Bass). To my knowledge, it's the only B2 with an ebony top and Hannes bridge - it was the last guitar Doug built prior to stopping taking build orders and he seems to have largely concentrated on more exotic examples since. Probably no more than a couple of them at all in Scotland, if that.

If anyone should spot either guitar for sale anywhere I'd appreciate a heads up. Photos of the Blackmachine on Twitter. Unfortunately I don't have any images handy of the P-bass (but that's fairly replaceable, anyway).

https://twitter.com/neilerskine/status/952797444571582464

crackout

The Yellow One
Reaction score
I seriously hope you get that gem back.
Hang tight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
If you haven't done so, post this to the UK/GEAR/AMP EXCHANGE facebook page. You can reach a lot of people there. Hope you get it back man!

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Totally sucks. Interesting however in this day and age. I'll bet you this guitar gets found eventually.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
That's terrible, your only luck is the fact that it's a real blackmachine. It will be very hard to sell online without you knowing it's yours.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Ahh the Glasga banter doon the barrows...

da7a2c5165d1f3f5721c09bab5120cc8.jpg

Joking aside, I hope you get your gear back and they put the thieving bastard in the nick.

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Ill keep an eye out for you!!! Have you circulated this to all the shops in Glasgow? Im sure that they will keep an eye out for you as well!!! GuitarGuitar, Merchant City Music, Kennys, Strung Out and Jimmy Egypts would all do it.

I know that Police Scotland have a thing that circulates a description and pics to all pawn shops as well.

There are two other Blackmachines in Scotland i know of, one in Edinburgh and one more here in Glasgow. I have heard that there are are no more than 5 or 6 in Scotland, so the odds may be in your favour.

That reminds me, i need to take good high quality images of all of my guitars on my camera and not on my iPhone.

If i see it, or hear of anything, ill help a fellow Wegie out!!!

ajsfreily

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes, was it found? Assholes, stealing from other people.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
Nope, never showed up. I recently bought a B6 which I like a lot, but I do miss this a great deal.

I thought whoever took it was bound to google it and be unable to resist the temptation to try and sell eventually but nothing I've ever come across in the years since.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear! I'm South UK so i'll send this to some people who may have a blackmachine sent their way on the socials, if it were to pop up there.