*STOLEN GUITAR* ESP M-I NTB, Holloman AFB, NM area

• Thread starter JeffTD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffTD

Reaction score
I initiated a trade with SBaker_1976 on the Harmony Central Forums; my ESP M-I NTB for his 2ch Dual Rectifier. He (supposedly) dropped the amp off to be packed and would release it upon receipt of the tracking number from me - I sent the tracking number on May 27th, he said he'd have it released on the 28th. Didn't hear from him again until the June 2nd, where he said his son had to go into the hospital and the amp would be delivered the next day (June 3rd). I e-mailed him on both the 3rd and the 4th to let him know the amp had not arrived and that I needed tracking info, but have not heard back from him.

At this point, I've contacted the Carrizozo local authorities - the address I shipped it to turns out to be the residence of an older man who has lived there 'all is life' and denies knowledge of the package at all, according to the officer who I've been in contact with. Carrizozo, NM is a small village with 750 residents, and nobody the officer had spoken to recognized the name Stephen Baker.

According to his HC profile, he's a "Tech sergeant in the USAF," and works in "logistics" at the White Sands Missile Range. This is not true - they have no record of a Stephen Baker working there

I've called every pawn and music shop in the area and notified them of the theft, and a police report has been with the Carrizozo PD (although at this point it's clear that it's probably not even a resident of Carrizozo).

So, be on the lookout for an ESP M-I NTB serial no SS0709213 that's been routed for a neck pickup, and for SBaker_1976/Stephen Baker/stphnbkr1976@gmail.com

If anyone comes across this on eBay, Craigslist, forums, etc (I'm already monitoring as much as I can), PLEASE contact me - I will offer a reward for information that leads to the retrieval of my guitar!

Pictures of the guitar:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v356/DeadSkinSlayer36/Stolen M-I NTB/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
sorry to hear about this bro.

i would monitor the c.l. of the closest metros around it also. if someone who does not know much about guitars posts it, it will prob just say fs esp guitar. youll have to sift thru alot. good luck dude

also you or someone you know may post a wtb add also.

lateralus819

Mr. legacy
Reaction score
Jesus what the fuck is wrong with people? Really shitty this happened to you man, hopefully you nab him!

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
This guy tried to scam me months ago, the communication was sketchy and he used the USAF thing on me as well, claiming to have a busy schedule. Sorry to hear this bro, good luck.

CFB

Reaction score
Wow, what a major asshole.
Didn't you ask him for ebay records or something?

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
also watch allofcraigslist it searches aver city in every state on craigslist for your merch. he may try and hit another city and this will give you a heads up ;)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Jaxed.com

Searches Craigslist, Kijiji, eBay and shit

Good luck

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man. Having 5 ESPs and 4 LTDs stolen from me a year and a half ago, I know the feeling. Sorry to hear it, hope you get it back.

JeffTD

Reaction score
Bit of an update - FedEx driver just called me and confirmed that the person who signed for the package was the old hispanic guy who lives at the place I shipped to. Means the guy lied in a criminal investigation before, but it is FedEx drivers word vs his, so I think it's only good for a warrant or for putting pressure on the guy to give up the guitar or the guy who's really behind it all, so we'll see!

Duraesu

Reaction score
that f*cking sucks, such people should be hanged by their balls!!

and this is why i only trade stuff personally or if the other person is vouched by one or more people i know... if the person is a stranger we should be very careful and check stuff like ID, address, etc!

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
Holy shit Jeff, this fucking sucks. I'm glad you routed it for a neck pickup, as I would think that it makes it pretty unique as far as M-I's go. Hope it all get's sorted soon.

Damn, that sucks man. Having 5 ESPs and 4 LTDs stolen from me a year and a half ago, I know the feeling. Sorry to hear it, hope you get it back.

Damn dude. You're Ansley's band mate.....Tristan? I first heard about that on the ESP boards. Didn't ever hear what became of it all.

Fucking scum thinking they can get something for nothing. Unfortunately, happens all the time.

XdiscoXvolanteX

Reaction score
Every time I begin to think about lightening up on my zero tolerance policy towards buying and trading online, I come across an all to familiar tale like this one to sober me up.

I'm sorry to hear about your guitar and hope you are lucky enough to get it back. People fucking suck!

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Damn dude. You're Ansley's band mate.....Tristan? I first heard about that on the ESP boards. Didn't ever hear what became of it all.

Yo, yeah, that's me. Nothing ever came of it, my ESP LTD M-350 showed up on ebay and I immediatly called the police but they weren't helpful at all and honestly didn't seem to give a shit. By the time Ansley and I contacted the guy he said that he had already sold it. He claimed he got it from a flea market near my old apartment that was robbed. Sucks.

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
Yo, yeah, that's me. Nothing ever came of it, my ESP LTD M-350 showed up on ebay and I immediatly called the police but they weren't helpful at all and honestly didn't seem to give a shit. By the time Ansley and I contacted the guy he said that he had already sold it. He claimed he got it from a flea market near my old apartment that was robbed. Sucks.

Sorry to hear man, did you have insurance you could claim off of?

I'm investing in it, because I sure as fuck....never want this to happen.

To whoever this happens to, I really feel for ya.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
So to hear man.

This is why good communication is so important. I hope it turns up.

Every dog has his day. No reward needed brother.

mwmd85

Reaction score
he got me too, in april with a Gibson Goth V.... dude seems to like black guitars ....... dude is heartless as hell too...... because I told him the reason I was into the trade was because me and my friend both had our mesa heads stolen from us.

address I sent it to was
300 11th st
carrizozo NM 88301

let me know if you ever catch the guy and give me his info ... I'll do the same
mwmd85@gmail.com

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Why not just get someone/numerous people to show up at the address? Might be just the required amount of pressure. Sounds like this guy's gonna keep doing this otherwise. My condolences to you all, and all past and future victims of scam.

I would travel internationally to claim back what's mine. I'm dutch and I hold a grudge. Fuckers.

')