Stomps/rack/floorboard/head?

• Thread starter Scott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What is your setup like?

• Head only

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Head with stomps

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Rack setup

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Floorboard to poweramp

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Floorboard with head/combo

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Combo with stomps

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Combo only

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Combo with processor (non floorboard)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Head with processor (non floorboard)

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
What's everyones current setup like? Do you run through a rack setup? floorboard to poweramp? Head only? head with stomp boxes? Head with floorboard/processsor? Or you runnin a combo amp?

Myself, I started back in the day with a combo amp with stomps, moved onto a rack setup with a 4x12, then went to head and cab, then to floorboard with poweramp, now going back to head with so far, a delay pedal.

I never really used alot of effects with the floorboard and the rack setup. So im thinking the delay and maybe a reverb pedal, and mayyybe a whammy pedal for kicks, will suffice for awhile.

What about everyone else? If you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend going rack. Let me help get you started :agreed:
Cough

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heh - just another of your thinly-disguised plugs, eh? :lol:

My answer to this question is: Yes. ;)

I use a head, a midi controller, and a rack. I use a rack system for the entire 1990s, but I like the sound of the Recto head better than any pre/power combination I could find. If they made the three-channel as a Racktifier, I'd still have a rack system. ;)

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Currently I'm running my GNX4 floorboard into my Marshall 20/20 and Rocktron Velocity 120 power amps, but I'm aiming to go fully rack (bar my whammy pedal and possibly a separate wah to the rack). At the moment I'm having a last attempt at dialling in the sound I want from my Chameleon. If it doesn't work I'm thinking of either a Triaxis or Pod XT Pro, most likely the Triaxis. Whatever happens, I aim to be totally rack by August.

eaeolian said:
If they made the three-channel as a Racktifier, I'd still have a rack system. ;)

As an endorsee can't you drop hints or persuade them to make you one? As they already have the Recto recording pre and Recto 2:100 I can't see it being an overly complicated job to create a 3 channel Recto pre.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
As an endorsee can't you drop hints or persuade them to make you one? As they already have the Recto recording pre and Recto 2:100 I can't see it being an overly complicated job to create a 3 channel Recto pre.

If my last name was DiMeola, maybe. Otherwise, I just get discounts. ;)

Actually, they've said there's not enough demand to make it worth it for them, which I can believe...

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Rack baby! The most efficient setup I've ever played on. Ain't no fucking clutter to worry about. Wireless guitar unit. Pedalboard on the ground is power/midi cable only. And gawd... let's not forget the tone!!!

This is my live setup (except put the poweramp rack on the bottom), with the poweramps changing for home/live use (SS for home practice, Tube for live)
Rig05-06.jpg

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Heh - just another of your thinly-disguised plugs, eh? :lol:

My answer to this question is: Yes. ;)

I use a head, a midi controller, and a rack. I use a rack system for the entire 1990s, but I like the sound of the Recto head better than any pre/power combination I could find. If they made the three-channel as a Racktifier, I'd still have a rack system. ;)

Same here, I BRIEFLY thought about getting a head when the HD147 was released, but it's hard to beat the portability of a rack especially when you don't employ onstage cabs....

The Sleeper

Reaction score
Rack all the way, wouldn't dream of using anything less. They're a bastard to lug around but they allow absolute customisation, control & versatility over your sound.

Here's some pics of my gear. My guitars, my smaller practise rack & my main rack system & floor boards for each. I've just bought a 50m spool of mogami cable & a box of 100 Neutrik NP2CX connectors to wire this stuff up properly. I'll need to change the rack cases as well as they're only in those cases temporarily. Hope you like the pics. Oh I've since sold the chrome JS-1 so I no longer have that.

Catch ya's all later........Joe :cool:

Couldn't upload the pics of the floor board for the practise rig because I'm only allowed to upload 5 pics max, but it's basically just a Mesa/Boogie Abacus, volume & a wah pedal.

Attachments

• small My Jem, UV & EP-7.JPG
    small My Jem, UV & EP-7.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 44
  • small My Nightswan & JS-1.JPG
    small My Nightswan & JS-1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 58
  • small My Marshall & Kitty Hawk rig.JPG
    small My Marshall & Kitty Hawk rig.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 54
  • small My Mesa Boogie Rig (Closeup).JPG
    small My Mesa Boogie Rig (Closeup).JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 71
  • small My EB pedals, All Access & Dunlop Wah controller.JPG
    small My EB pedals, All Access & Dunlop Wah controller.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 177

thedownside

Reaction score
pod xt live stereo to a Peavey DPC 750 Poweramp, with the A channel running threw a pedal eq then to a randall 4x12 and channel B running straight to a peavey 15" ported bass cab.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I went with head/processor, since techinically that's what I'm using right now, but I have it all racked.

rigfront.jpg

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
It's pretty much Guitar>Zoom G2.1u>Line6 Duoverb 2x12 combo. I'm lookin to pick up the floorboard version of the Zoom pedal I have once I get a job.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Although I've been a rack guy for years, I'm slowly wondering back over to the multi-channel head domain. Now I just gotta figure out what the hell I want! :lol:

The Sleeper

Reaction score
desertdweller said:
Everything about that last image is badass except for the doily all that gear is sitting on :lol:

HAHA!!! Didn't even occur to me when I took the pics......here's to you for picking up on it :fawk: The other half loves lace......hmmm Lovelace.....VERY talented woman that one :agreed: ......but that's another topic.

Anyways, seeing as I get no grief from her about blowing money on my rack, guitars, my 4 mountain bike projects & my car project, I had to at least concede to a lace table cloth. She had it lying around & just decided to drape it over the table in the back room, I've spilt all sorts of stuff over it from grease to shock damping oil, paint, metal filings etc. She always manages to keep that damn fruity looking thing spotless.

Take care man.........Joe :)

')