Stomps/rack/floorboard/head?

• Thread starter Scott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What is your setup like?

• Head only

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Head with stomps

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Rack setup

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Floorboard to poweramp

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Floorboard with head/combo

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Combo with stomps

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Combo only

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Combo with processor (non floorboard)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Head with processor (non floorboard)

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters

streathervsgodzilla

*insert title here*
Reaction score
guitar > rocktron black cat moan > DHA valvetone dual hi plate > crate gx 80

or if im practicing and it needs to be quiet guitar > behringer v-amp2

sometimes i use the v-amp 2 into the crate too

although im starting to piece together my rack set up :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brord

Furor Teutonicus
Reaction score
I started out with a peavey bandit combo after that I purchased myself a jcm 800 + jcm 800 4x12 cab. Then I bought myself a rack with a pod pro, and a marshall 9100 tube power amp and a jcm900 4x12. I disliked the rack and bought a 5150, then I made a mistake, sold the 5150, and bought a mesa boogie 2:50, I sold the 9100. After this change I still didn't like my rack, so I sold it and went back to tube heads and purchased an ENGL powerball head, after a while I sold my jcm900 cab and got myself an oversized recto cab. That's where I am today. After playing a lot of different amps I'm most pleased with the set up I've got going now. No more digital stuff for me, just simple raw tube power. I'm just addicted to the air you get moving with an all tube head, it seems to me to have way more balls then anything digital or solid state.

DSC00311.jpg

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Sold my TriAxis a little while ago..I still might go back to a stereo rig someday though.

My rig:

Guitar --> Morley wah --> Boss GT-8 wah/OD/whammy or whatever --> NS2 first loop --> custom 100W 3-channel SLO kinda thing rack head --> Boss GT8 effects --> BBE Sonic Maximiser --> MXR dual 15-band EQ --> NS2 noise gate return --> back to head for the poweramp. I've also got a MIDI switching box which receives patch change messages from the GT-8 and switches channels on the EQ, BBE and amp head.

It's turned out quiet as a mouse (when not being played), and very versatile. Goes from a sweet Fender clean with a lot of depth to it, to all-out brutality of the highest degree.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
Right now Guitar-->DSL 50

Soon...I'll be adding stuff, just got to sell the shiz in my sig!

Deef

Reaction score
Guitar--> Shure UHF Wireless-->Vox Wah--> Boss NS-2-->Switchbone A/B/Y--->Engl SE and Bogner 4x12 and Framus Cobra---> Mesa 4x12

DeefAmp1.jpg

My mesa 4x12 isn't in this pic...

I plan to get a rack for my Korg gtr-2000 and get an ISP rack decimator soon...:metal:

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
i dont exactly have the most impressive gear....
RG->Spider 2 30
:(

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
DSC00854.JPG

Just this, plus a Boss Super Chorus, a DS1, and soon to be a Keeley modified Boss SD-1, and I haven't decided on what delay and flanger pedals I am going to buy yet. Probably a Line 6 Echo Park and an Ibanez FL-9 Flanger.

I want to get an RMC2 wah, because my Morley sounds like dog shit.

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score
8-1.jpg

With a DD3 and Phase 90 in the loop.

')