Stoner Rock thread?

• Thread starter ericsleepless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pawel

Reaction score

I saw them open for Mastodon (together with Dillinger Escape Plan) recently and actually enjoyed them more than the rest of the lineup (and I do like Madtodon and enjoy DEP).

I want to like Boris, but I just fucking CAN'T. It's painful and grating to my ears, and then I see people like "Hey check out Boris" to which I can only just say "yeah, they're cool" and act like I've enjoyed them BUT I KNOW THE TRUTH; its a lie, and one day theyre all gonna catch on and be like "Fuck off lying non-Boris fan"

...95% of that is true...

They are a bit hit-and-miss on the few albums I listened to, but they are good fun live. I saw them a few years ago when they were touring Pink and there was a great metal moment at that gig when, after an ambient intro to the set, the whole room just headbanged in perfect sync to the opening riff. It's to this day one of my favourite concert experiences.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I wish Sleep would play a show in Denver, I do believe my life would be complete after seeing them. Electric Wizard too.

Speaking of which, anyone going to Maryland Deathfest this year? I'm considering making a road trip out for it. Line up looks killer
MDFX.jpg

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
funny i stumbled upon this thread today... my buddy jsut showed me a bunch of red fang earlier :lol:

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
dont have much to contribute new to this thread, but I got my Dopethrone LP last week and I gotta say, funeralopolis on vinyl + some good weed = mindblown

')