Stoner/Sludge Metal Thread

• Thread starter Vostre Roy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Sup guys, I've been recently digging in the dark side of the Sludge Metal, wich seems to get along pretty well with the Stoner and even the Doom metal. I've discovered in my journey some quite noticeable band, as well as some "meh". Anyone else into those heavy, old school sounding bands? I'd like to discover some new stuff, here is some example of what I've found so far that I liked pretty much:

Mastodon (Yeah, the band that started the love lol)
Baroness (A little two rock, but still pretty enjoyable)
Black Tusk (Freaking nice band)
Hunters (Just discovered them, badass!)
Hooded Menace (More doom than sludge or stoner, but heeeeaaavey)
Acid Witch (Heavy and trippy)

Some videos now:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blake1970

Reaction score
Oh man thanks for sharing these bands. I'm listening to Acid Witch - Swamp Spells. It's going to be a good weekend!

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Oh man thanks for sharing these bands. I'm listening to Acid Witch - Swamp Spells. It's going to be a good weekend!

Acid Witch's Witchtanic Hallucinations is truely a nice album, I haven't heard their last album so far, but this one is really nice to listen while... well doing what those guys obviously does when writing that stuff ahahaha

Glad you enjoyed those bands, I'll try to keep this thread alive for a while

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Lair of the Minotaur.... I like that so far man, thanks for sharing that!

That get pretty thrashy at times, so fair warning, if that sort of thing is a dealbreaker for you. I think of them is kindof a filthier Mastodon. More anger and noise, less weedle and deedle.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
That get pretty thrashy at times, so fair warning, if that sort of thing is a dealbreaker for you. I think of them is kindof a filthier Mastodon. More anger and noise, less weedle and deedle.

Gotta be honest, I always fall for the cheesy/trashy riffs, so yeah, you got it pretty much straight buddy

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm digging the shit out of Hooded Menace, but can't really get into Acid Witch, even if they do have the same singer. Not diggin' the tone and overall style of AW, but HM is awesome. Hunters is all right, and Black Tusk did absolutely nothing for me. Felt more like southern rock/metal than it did sludge.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I always fall for the cheesy/trashy riffs, so yeah, you got it pretty much straight buddy

Then you should check their cheesetastic music video.

nsfw, "artistic" use of boobies. plznobanhammer.

')