Stop Wearing Trench Coats and Fedoras.

• Thread starter orby
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Let people wear what they want, and don't give a shit. You'll be happier and so will they.

Feelin' singled out a little? :lol:

No but for real though:

My gripe with fedoras is actually pretty well explained in the visual side of the video as well as here: fedoras of okc
It seems the vast majority of people who make an actual deal out of wearing a fedora are clueless, horrible nerd, special snowflakes and other assorted losers. It gets on my tits because... Well fuck.. I dunno. It's just somehow extremely annoying and hard to explain just why it is such.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
"Go gadget go"

Lawlz. :lol:

Oh, and we get 'all weather top coats' to go with our blues in the Air Force- they're basically trench coats. No fedoras, though.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Feelin' singled out a little? :lol:

No but for real though:

My gripe with fedoras is actually pretty well explained in the visual side of the video as well as here: fedoras of okc
It seems the vast majority of people who make an actual deal out of wearing a fedora are clueless, horrible nerd, special snowflakes and other assorted losers. It gets on my tits because... Well fuck.. I dunno. It's just somehow extremely annoying and hard to explain just why it is such.

Well, I don't wear a fedora or a trench coat. I just figure there's a lack of variety in popular fashion as it is, so we might as well just be cool with whatever people want to wear.

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Fedoras are the worst thing to ever happen to anything ever.

NCZiK.jpg

wakjob

Reaction score
What about Harrison Ford? Can he wear a Fedora?

How about English Derby's? Are English Derby's ok? Like a Bowler hat?

Cause I really want one myself, and just want to make sure its ok with you guys first.

Murmel

Reaction score
^
There's plenty of classic men's fashion, most men just don't give a shit about it.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I have a leather trench that I absolutely love. Don't do the fedora thing tho. I look pretty retarded in them.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE CAN WEAR A FEDORA.
YOU CAN'T WEAR A FEDORA.

I loved how basic the cadence was, as well as the rhyme scheme. It seemed to intensify the point somehow. :lol:

I have to say, on their own I have nothing against a fedora or trench coats. Anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy men's fashion, but that doesn't mean I can pull it all off. I look like an idiot in fedoras, so I don't wear them. I'm all about those driver caps, though. It's sometimes disheartening to see someone trying to be unique via their fashion choices, and failing miserably. I'd compare it to some of the djent kids who work so hard on trying to make a complex polyrhythm that they forget to have fun with music.

TOSIN ABASI CAN WEAR A FEDORA
YOU CAN'T WEAR A FEDORA

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
^
There's plenty of classic men's fashion, most men just don't give a shit about it.

here's the deal, can I deposit you $300, send a few pics of myself, buy my clothing for me, keep $20 for you (yes, Im a cheap bastard) and then send the things back to me? :lol:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
What about Harrison Ford? Can he wear a Fedora?

How about English Derby's? Are English Derby's ok? Like a Bowler hat?

Cause I really want one myself, and just want to make sure its ok with you guys first.

Dunno about English Derby's so I'll throw my hands in the air and go "Baaaah!"

Just remember that the first thing aspie nerds turn to when they want to seem "unique" or special, is a hat of some sort. Be careful not to make it look like you're one of them! Otherwise you'll never touch boobs again!

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Fixed that for you.

Fedoras are epic. You just have to get one that suits you and your clothing. Men's fashion needs to make a comeback.

I dunno man.. In the right context I am def. sure it can look cool, but I fear it's been ruined forever. It's a bit like the swastika in that respect; It used to be something nice and lovely, but then it got co-opted and stolen by some of the world's worst people and made into their rallying banner. Now, the taint will probably never wash off :(

Edika

Reaction score
My notion at this is that good-looking guys that have a touch of fashion in them can pull fedora's and trench coats off. It's like cute hot girls, they can wear whatever the hell they want and it still is acceptable on them. If you see it in a regular girl it depends on how much she can make it work with her general attitude. The same with guys. Douche's that wear them still look like douche's, but the also manage to seem like douche's whatever they are wearing (usually something douchy!).
Personally I don't like fedora's and trench coats because they are outdated, but a nice coat with a nice suit is a good combination for winter when you want to get dressed for a formal occasion.

Latest posts

')