Stop Wearing Trench Coats and Fedoras.

• Thread starter orby
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
^
There's plenty of classic men's fashion, most men just don't give a shit about it.

I would love to dress more fashionable, but we have become a very casual society and those types of clothes just don't seem practical for day to day living. At least not for the average working 'Joe'.

Having a couple of nice outfits for special occasions like weddings and going out to dinner ect... that's about as much as I can justify in my life.

Dress hats in general are rarely scene anymore, except with senior citizens. Which is a shame, because they can be classy.

I find its better to take a girl shopping with me or just buy what's on the manikin... chances are a girl in the store put that ensemble together.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
The man in a trench coat and fedora combo, cannot hide his power levels from me.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, do you mind if we don't categorize everyone in the aspergers section as complete fucking wierdo's? I happen to know a bunch of people with it, and none try to dress up as if they're unique (Definitely not in a trench either).

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, do you mind if we don't categorize everyone in the aspergers section as complete fucking wierdo's? I happen to know a bunch of people with it, and none try to dress up as if they're unique (Definitely not in a trench either).

There's a distinction, actually.

Asperger's: An actual mental disorder which can be treated, and with which many people lead normal lives and are pretty decent folks.

Aspies: People on the internet who diagnose themselves with Asperger's after reading the Wikipedia article on the subject, and use it to justify being rude, intolerant, unable to understand even the most obvious social clues, self-centered, overly opinionated and excessively angry when challenged on those opinions. Often seen wearing fedoras when outside their nerd caves. Often, the Asperger's self-diagnosis has no merit in a medical sense, and they are in fact just anti-social dickwads. Thus the self-diagnosis part is not mandatory in order to qualify for the mark of "Aspie". It is based wholly on the (horrible) behaviour of the Aspie, with the behaviour being like a cartoonish, horridly annoying parody of actual Asperger's symptoms.
For examples, see any Brony convention ever, Anime forums and cons, Okcupid tag search "nice guy", people who make Youtube Vlogs about things they dislike, Metal-Archives.com, most if not all Dream Theater shows, comic and games stores and last but not least 4chan and Reddit.

Murmel

Reaction score
I would love to dress more fashionable, but we have become a very casual society and those types of clothes just don't seem practical for day to day living. At least not for the average working 'Joe'.

Having a couple of nice outfits for special occasions like weddings and going out to dinner ect... that's about as much as I can justify in my life.

Dress hats in general are rarely scene anymore, except with senior citizens. Which is a shame, because they can be classy.

I find its better to take a girl shopping with me or just buy what's on the manikin... chances are a girl in the store put that ensemble together.

Dressing fashionable doesn't mean dressing up in a full suit every day. You can easily look classy but still casual. There's tons of casual classic things out there, and being male, you actually have an advantage in this over girls if you lack creativity because classic men's fashion hasn't changed much in decades.

With something like this in a couple of different colour schemes you're pretty much set, casual-smart wise.

tumblr_mcmy7pWdAk1qcugwpo1_r1_1280.jpg

But I guess what you were reffering to was more in the lines of old time New York gangster :lol:

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
With regard to the original fashion-oriented complaint: I'm not sure that ranting about it in your bedroom is much cooler.

I mean, I'm with you on the fedoras thing. The other thing is girls wearing bowler hats. That makes no sense. Just putting it all in context :p

*flamesuit on*

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
I don't mind trench coats if you can wear/pull it off correctly, like Jason Dill, or this other dude. They look pretty rad.

lptsv.jpg

diiCY.jpg

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
I wear a brimmed hat sometimes, not really a fedora.

But I really like hats. I'm wearing a beanie with bear ears right now.

orby

weirdo
Reaction score
Woah, this came back from the dead. Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

I'd like to note that I don't really actually care about trench coats and fedoras, either. I was spurred to write the song based on some really annoying guy with whom i had a class with this past semester. he was a very dumb person who always talked about LARPing and how much of a "gentleman" he is, and would constantly wear trench coats and fedoras. Apparently it's a trend among annoying people? I don't get it.

I have the fashion sense of a homeless bowling alley mechanic so I certainly don't have a podium to speak from, but even I know dressing up like Sephiroth on days other than Halloween is a mistake.

BillNephew

Reaction score
Fedoras are not the problem. It's the flat-billed hats that's the problem. Whenever I see someone wearing one, I just automatically think "DOUCHE!" That's just my problem though.

orby

weirdo
Reaction score
Flat brim baseball hats, you mean? Those don't bother me TOO much, but I really don't understand why people leave the store stickers on them, too. Like, the first thing I'd do if i bought a hat would be to take that shit off of it

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Flat brim baseball hats, you mean? Those don't bother me TOO much, but I really don't understand why people leave the store stickers on them, too. Like, the first thing I'd do if i bought a hat would be to take that shit off of it

You leave the sticker on so when you resell the cap it keeps its value. Of course no one actually knows that and just leaves the stupid sticker on their snapback.

guy in latvia

Reaction score
I only wear trench coats not to ruin my suit on the way to work (it rains and is muddy a lot here). But I would never wear a fedora, cowboy hats are my kind of thing! :D

Latest posts

')