Stop Wearing Trench Coats and Fedoras.

• Thread starter orby
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Also relevant to this thread:

hLnyS.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Since when did we have elitism over clothing here? I mean...*I* wouldn't wear a fedora as stated earlier (or even use the operating system of the same name), but who gives a shit if someone wears one? My 15 y/o likes fedoras. They look good on him and it works well with his fashion (no trench coats or urges of trying to look like a BAMF). If anyone would call him a "clueless, horrible nerd, special snowflakes and other assorted loser" would be welcoming a punch in the throat from one of us. He wears them b/c they look good on him.

I mean, not everyone can be as fashionable as GWAR, Slipnot, & Kiss.

Murmel

Reaction score

:lol:

Like many other things, the fedora has come to be associated with something negative. I personally don't think they look good, I don't like hats in general, but I wouldn't care if my friends wore them. I think a lot of the posts in this thread need to be taken with a grain of salt, it's not the most serious discussion.

And fashion is one of the most elitist things in the modern world. Head over to Styleforum and see the hate just because some dude bought $150 fake leather shoes that look great and not $700 real leather ones.

JoeyW

Reaction score
Since when did we have elitism over clothing here? I mean...*I* wouldn't wear a fedora as stated earlier (or even use the operating system of the same name), but who gives a shit if someone wears one? My 15 y/o likes fedoras. They look good on him and it works well with his fashion (no trench coats or urges of trying to look like a BAMF). If anyone would call him a "clueless, horrible nerd, special snowflakes and other assorted loser" would be welcoming a punch in the throat from one of us. He wears them b/c they look good on him.

Dude, no offence but this is the Internet and fedoras are taken REALLY seriously here.

orby

weirdo
Reaction score
Since when did we have elitism over clothing here?

the song is a joke

If anyone would call him a "clueless, horrible nerd, special snowflakes and other assorted loser" would be welcoming a punch in the throat from one of us.

because punching people is a MUCH better thing to do than making fun of them right?

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
:lol:

And fashion is one of the most elitist things in the modern world. Head over to Styleforum and see the hate just because some dude bought $150 fake leather shoes that look great and not $700 real leather ones.

Fashion forums are terrible places.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
the song is a joke
because punching people is a MUCH better thing to do than making fun of them right?

I know the song is a joke...but a lot of the comments in-thread aren't.

And YES... if an adult makes fun of my kid, they deserve a punch to the throat...or one of these..

2-Ton-River-Boulder-150x150.jpg

Just as tone doesn't translate in posts...apparently my joking didn't translate either...b/c the GWAR line was srs bidnezz & all.
Fashion forums are terrible places.

I completely fashion challenged, so I'd never go...but being around people in the industry...i can only imagine. My fashion stops at sleeping pants, t-shirts, and slippers (my daily wear at home lol).

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
I think it's more evil to look smart than dress like a hybrid indiana jones meets shaggy.. Especially when your on stage looking well pruned, all of a sudden you start whaling your lungs out death metal style and you see the look on peoples faces.. "Especially metal heads" It's fucking priceless..

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
With something like this in a couple of different colour schemes you're pretty much set, casual-smart wise.

tumblr_mcmy7pWdAk1qcugwpo1_r1_1280.jpg

But I guess what you were reffering to was more in the lines of old time New York gangster :lol:

My instinctual response upon seeing this picture was that I wanted to strangle him with his pants. I couldn't even tell you why, but when I saw it, I could feel a wave of pure hostility washing over me.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
I have a black fedora I wear and recently got a grey/black one as well.

My girlfriend has a black fedora that she put a working clock on the side of.

It kicks ass.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I have a black fedora I wear and recently got a grey/black one as well.

My girlfriend has a black fedora that she put a working clock on the side of.

It kicks ass.

Are you like, a for real Brony? I mean, someone who actively identifies as one come hell, high water or social ostracisation?!

If yes, then please answer why it is that so many of the... Less desirable of your kind have this huge thing for Fedoras.
Was it Linkara that started all this, or someone else!? Did the Special Snowflake Hive Mind command them? I really need to know, since this has been boggling my mind for months now. Everywhere in nerd culture I see fedoras constantly. It has become so ubiquitous the trend has even gotten to Europe, at least four years ahead of the Law Of European Trend Delays. Please, I need to know.

EDIT: For perspective:

- Nerds.
- In Europe.
- IN EUROPE

..have gotten in on this fully. This is unprecedented. The most un-trendy and sartorially clueless form of biological life is in on this. HOW DID IT SPREAD TO THESE PEOPLE!?

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Are you like, a for real Brony? I mean, someone who actively identifies as one come hell, high water or social ostracisation?!

If yes, then please answer why it is that so many of the... Less desirable of your kind have this huge thing for Fedoras.
Was it Linkara that started all this, or someone else!? Did the Special Snowflake Hive Mind command them? I really need to know, since this has been boggling my mind for months now. Everywhere in nerd culture I see fedoras constantly. It has become so ubiquitous the trend has even gotten to Europe, at least four years ahead of the Law Of European Trend Delays. Please, I need to know.

EDIT: For perspective:

- Nerds.
- In Europe.
- IN EUROPE

..have gotten in on this fully. This is unprecedented. The most un-trendy and sartorially clueless form of biological life is in on this. HOW DID IT SPREAD TO THESE PEOPLE!?

There's a brony at my school with really greasy hair and he always wears an equally as greasy fedora to cover it up. There's a fine line where you don't even feel bad for him anymore because he's literally wearing the same stuff every single day.

Murmel

Reaction score
My instinctual response upon seeing this picture was that I wanted to strangle him with his pants. I couldn't even tell you why, but when I saw it, I could feel a wave of pure hostility washing over me.
Then you are a most silly person.

')