Stopping floyd rose spring reverb!

• Thread starter WarOfAttrition
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrill74

Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose it would. I haven't had any issues with it. But I'm not putting it inside the springs. I just did what Vai's tech does and put it against the springs. My personnel favorite was foam ear plugs. I would like to have tried out the mouse pad thing though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
I use noiseless springs.I think they work amazing.If you have finicky ears you may notice a tone difference that is not to your liking, if you use to much foam in the trem cavity.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
I use noiseless springs.I think they work amazing.If you have finicky ears you may notice a tone difference that is not to your liking, if you use to much foam in the trem cavity.

i understand that the noiseless springs aren't made of metal, so they don't transmit directly to the pickups, but do they still reverberate some vibrations back to the springs?
that's always what annoys me most about spring noise--the slight ring that sometimes happens when they send vibration back into the strings.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
I get no spring vibation or noise at all.I have Ibanez RG 8527 with noiseless springs and they work flawlessly.Trust me I know how annoying spring noise can be.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
@damigu - if I recall correctly noiseless springs are just normal springs that are coated with a polymer.

Rev.

')