IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

Specs:
Swamp ash body.
Walnut top.
Rosewood neck with the endurneck profile.
Ebony fretboard.
Gigantic stainless frets.
Some kind of pickups :)lol: I honestly don't remember what I specced) and a Dimarzio 3-way with petrucci wiring.

First off, it's an amazingly light guitar. I almost thought the gig bag was empty after pulling it out of the case. It's also very compact. The weight plus the size plus the body outline makes for a very ergonomic seated playing position. When seated I play in the classical style - where the waist of the guitar rests on the thigh of your fretting hand; but with this guitar an alternative playing position - the cutout near the jack resting on the thigh of your picking hand; is available. In this position the neck sits at a perfect angle (at least for me) and it take zero coordination or muscle tension to keep the guitar in that position. It's a fantastically ergonomic guitar to play.

Choosing the endurneck was a bit of a risk on my part. When originally put on the waiting list, I had planned on a IPNP profile as I made a few fake necks from foam and had some confidence that that profile wouldn't be completely unsatisfactory. When Ola announced the endurneck I was intrigued enough to change my specs, it seemed like a logical extension to the IPNP profile; but I couldn't figure out a way to easily cut the profile in foam until well after I had committed. Any apprehension was unnecessary. When combined with the neck angle resulting from the body shape, it's a very natural neck shape.

If you play with the guitar waist resting on your picking hand thigh or if you play with the neck relatively flat or if you play with your thumb over the neck, do not order this profile, it would be very uncomfortable IMHO.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Nice! Hows the sound working for you man? My Boden 8 is hella light and chambered as well, and I feel like it could benefit from solid body construction and possibly some heavier woods, as the sound just seems a touch airy to me. And, any reason you went with the straight pup config? Didn't mind the bridge "oooo" sound on the low string myself, but always appreciate people weighing in on that one.

HNGD bro :yesway:

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Why would you get a reverse fan? :fawk:

But in all seriousness, congratulations on your new strandberg! It is rare enough to see an actual strandberg but to see a lefty on top of that is pretty crazy. Hope you enjoy her :) What are the scale lengths?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'll be honest, when I first saw this guitar I thought about learning lefty so that if I ever came in contact with it I could make use of it.

HNGD! Not making my wait easier.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Some kind of pickups :)lol: I honestly don't remember what I specced) and a Dimarzio 3-way with petrucci wiring.

Ha - I believe that is referred to in the medical industry as a "warning sign" :p

Did you just get Ola's standard jumbo stainless frets or something even larger that that?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Look like Lundgren M7's based on pole pieces and that base plate.

Looks awesome whatever it is, congrats bro. Wow.

77zark77

Reaction score
won't go into lefty jokes but it's quite disturbing to me anyway :metal:

that is for the first thought, second and furthers are WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!! :bowdown:

So Congratulations ! clapclapclap (needs both hands ;) )

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
HNGD man! That looks great!

Thanks also for the feedback on the endurneck. :)

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar!

Also... Forgetting the specs of a pricey custom guitar is a sure sign of extreme gearwhore-itis! :lol:

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
It looks like the endurneck FORCES you to play in a classical (correct :lol:) position hahaha
It would certainly be an interesting thing to try out, and I kinda admire your balls for ordering it without really knowing wtf was going on with it hahah
anyway, HNGD! that thing look badass from every angle.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Congrats bro, looks insane! HNGD

')