Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Just gotta hold out a bit until Ola gives them the go ahead to do more strings on the Varberg. I'll wait a while.

A long while.

I'm still convinced we'll have a Varburn 7 either winter NAMM 2014 or Musikmesse. Varburn 8s will be a while, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Just gotta hold out a bit until Ola gives them the go ahead to do more strings on the Varberg. I'll wait a while.

A long while.

A Varberg 7 will be amazing ... not for my wallet though :)

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I'm still convinced we'll have a Varburn 7 either winter NAMM 2014 or Musikmesse. Varburn 8s will be a while, though.

Well I know he's already taking orders for either on a custom level, so I do believe you're right. I could see him doing a 7 long before the 8.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
1040168_479885728748223_801452348_o.jpg

Goodness.

More here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.479885528748243.1073741840.364857230251074&type=3

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh Lawd, that's nice. I didn't even notice what they'd done for fretboard marker inlays too, that's actually pretty awesome looking.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
dont like the way the cocobolo looks, Ill for sure going with a Boden 8 when I order then! :lol:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Just paid off my CL7 saturday! Batch 2 should be ready in mid july is what im told!:hbang::hbang::hbang:

woooooo! thats only a couple weeks off, you have to do a review when you get it :)

The neck is chocobolo , the freboard is flamed maple

yea, I wasnt sure how the cocobolo would work out in terms of colour schemes, and compared to dark rosewood like on Chris' prototype, the redder cocobolo just doesnt hold up IMO

Ive been on the fence on a CL7 vs a Boden 8 and if the wenge is dark on the boden 8, then Ive found my next guitar :hbang:

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Control cavity covers from this point on will now be Kydex thermoplastic covers. Like on the Parker models.
1002227_481362578600538_408263900_n.jpg

Paul has stated that there may be the option to get both this & the original wood version, but that it hadn't been discussed or agreed upon yet by the team.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
If they take away the option for the wood panel cavity control plate, that will make my decision on getting one of these SIGNIFICANTLY easier.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
:rofl: that moving from wood to plastic on a part that is not generally visible has any effect on your interest is terribly amusing to me. You literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks! :lol:

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
I personally prefer maple as the tone wood of my control cavity, nice and organic sounding, plastic ones sound too artificial...

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
:rofl: that moving from wood to plastic on a part that is not generally visible has any effect on your interest is terribly amusing to me. You literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks! :lol:

Made that little bit funnier by the fact that basically every guitar that he owns in his sig has plastic covers as well. :lol:

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
When you are purchasing a guitar for that type of coin. Production or not every small aspect counts and yes the wood panel cavity control was a huge thing for me. I was stoked on it Plastic is fine but in a full wood grain guitar I would want to keep it wood not plastic. It makes me laugh that I have to explain that on sso.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
^ I agree it would be a nice touch, but not buying a guitar strictly because the cavity covers are not made of wood seems a bit odd.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
When you are purchasing a guitar for that type of coin. Production or not every small aspect counts and yes the wood panel cavity control was a huge thing for me. I was stoked on it Plastic is fine but in a full wood grain guitar I would want to keep it wood not plastic. It makes me laugh that I have to explain that on sso.

So, the playability, sound, looks, construction, feel, and such are all subordinated because a piece of the guitar that no one looks at is now more durable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')