Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GXPO

Reaction score
The Boden 8 batch hasn't started yet. It should be the next batch, hopefully with some Masvidaliens.

Also, is anyone going to order a natural CL7? I think I remember Chris talking about it in a video. I'm interested to see what it looks like.

I didn't know you could order it natural... I have a serious hard on for a sunburst CL7 with some white pups perhaps. I wonder when these will go semi custom... ohm nom. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
^I'm wondering the same. I read on their facebook that they have no plans to change the specs yet, so it might be awhile.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I didn't know you could order it natural... I have a serious hard on for a sunburst CL7 with some white pups perhaps. I wonder when these will go semi custom... ohm nom. :yesway:

I don't think these will go semi custom, especially not on a signature guitar. That said, people have refinished more expensive guitars.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
Ok so i just picked this bitch up today!!! literally just got home from allans. I will post a NGD w much better pics when i have time. for now here are some iphone pics!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Your second picture almost makes it looks like it's glowing blue. Congratulations. I am jealous.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Super awesome looking guitar! I hope with this next run they start on my geetar already :)

fabeau

Reaction score
8 tremolo!
Hope this will be available for production models too.

954665_612966672081113_1976536913_n.jpg

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Quick update from Paul, Allen & crew
Quick Production Update:

Hey guys

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on our overall production and shipments. The first runs of 7 are complete and we are about half way through shipping them out to customers. If you are waiting on a 7 and we have not contacted you yet, please do send in your balance payments asap. We'll provide balance invoices to everyone that has not yet received over the next day. We are super pleased with how the 7's came out and have received very positive feedback from those that have received them so far.

Due to some unexpected workload at the Washburn factory this summer, we had to delay the Masvidalien and Boden8 runs a little bit. Implementing a new model series is a significant investment of time and resources and no shortcuts can be taken. Neither AES or Washburn will compromise on quality so we just had no choice but to delay things a little bit.

The Masvidaliens are already in progress and we will be heading back to Chicago in a couple of weeks to finish off the first small batch. The larger batch will be done by early October.

The Boden8's are targeted to begin in September with shipments hopefully starting in late October/early November.

We recognize we are well beyond our 4 month or less commitment on the 8's but hope you all understand both AES and Washburn are doing all we can to get everything going as quickly as possible, but again, without taking any shortcuts of any kind or compromising quality in any way.

We really are striving to make these instruments the very best they can be and hope everyone understands the tremendous amount of work involved in what we do.

We will continue to provide regular production updates and sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as we work through the next several months.

A big time thank you to everyone for your support.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^ Yeah, that's fine, and I understand it all, and I don't have a Boden on order, but just once I'd like for someone to not delay a guitar build. Just once in my life is all I'm asking. I'm beginning to think it's not physically possible.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
^ Yeah, that's fine, and I understand it all, and I don't have a Boden on order, but just once I'd like for someone to not delay a guitar build. Just once in my life is all I'm asking. I'm beginning to think it's not physically possible.

Buy a Suhr, Anderson, Sadowsky, Fodera, etc. The larger and more established self-contained shops generally have better understanding and control of deadlines.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Buy a Suhr, Anderson, Sadowsky, Fodera, etc. The larger and more established self-contained shops generally have better understanding and control of deadlines.

Yep, totally my bad for hopping on the latest bandwagon on here. Eventually I'll learn.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Yep, totally my bad for hopping on the latest bandwagon on here. Eventually I'll learn.

I don't doubt this new Strandberg venture will get things figured out, but partnering with an established shop that works primarily for another brand has its downsides.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I might have to spring for a Boden8 after the first batch goes out and people post some reviews. I really want to try a guitar with an EndurNeck or IPNP.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I might have to spring for a Boden8 after the first batch goes out and people post some reviews. I really want to try a guitar with an EndurNeck or IPNP.

They don't offer IPNP on the production models anymore. But I'll be excited to try a Boden 8, too.

birch

Reaction score
I'm so close to getting my CL7, it was sent on the 30st of August but the tracking hasn't updated since it hit Chicago on the 31st ,so over a week of no updates from USPS. Anyone ever been in a similar situation with a parcel shipment?

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I'm so close to getting my CL7, it was sent on the 30st of August but the tracking hasn't updated since it hit Chicago on the 31st ,so over a week of no updates from USPS. Anyone ever been in a similar situation with a parcel shipment?

With international freight, it's not surprising.

And on topic: That pic they posted of the chocolate stained CL7 (suggesting gold pup covers) was almost enough to get me to pull the trigger right then and there. Anyone know if they're offering that whole "range" of stain options they posted a few weeks back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')