Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I'm so close to getting my CL7, it was sent on the 30st of August but the tracking hasn't updated since it hit Chicago on the 31st ,so over a week of no updates from USPS. Anyone ever been in a similar situation with a parcel shipment?

Once it goes into customs, it can be a crapshoot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
With international freight, it's not surprising.

And on topic: That pic they posted of the chocolate stained CL7 (suggesting gold pup covers) was almost enough to get me to pull the trigger right then and there. Anyone know if they're offering that whole "range" of stain options they posted a few weeks back?

Im right there with you buddy. Also very curious about the other stain options, those greens and purples would be STANK.

birch

Reaction score
Looks like its just a waiting game then :) Sorry for the slight off topicness.

Agreed on the chocolate stain tho. Looks killer as a top but also seems to compliment the other woods on the guitar really nicely.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I dig the chocolate top on the CL7, looks sweet with the neck on the CLs.

Paid my deposit for a Boden 7 last week, expect a NGD in the coming months ;)

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
1374933_519836071419855_1436392417_n.jpg

They aren't making it easy for me to resist one of these. I'm very jealous of all of you with a Masvidalien order.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Got to try some Boden 7s, a CL7, and a Masvidalien prototype in NYC last night.

Despite some setup issues (they had been brought over in a suitcase disassembled and probably hadn't acclimated to New York) they were definitely well-constructed. The CL7 was particularly gorgeous.

If I do order one, though, it will be without the Endurneck. While the Endurneck felt okay on the 6-string Masvidalien, my hand cramped up after about eight or ten minutes with the Endurneck on the CL7. A pity, but not unexpected, considering I play thumbover for certain things and prefer to have my thumb closer to the bass side of the neck than the Endurneck allows. Glad I had the chance to try them first!

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score

Despite some setup issues (they had been brought over in a suitcase disassembled and probably hadn't acclimated to New York) they were definitely well-constructed. The CL7 was particularly gorgeous.

If I do order one, though, it will be without the Endurneck. While the Endurneck felt okay on the 6-string Masvidalien, my hand cramped up after about eight or ten minutes with the Endurneck on the CL7. A pity, but not unexpected, considering I play thumbover for certain things and prefer to have my thumb closer to the bass side of the neck than the Endurneck allows. Glad I had the chance to try them first!

Was it for that seminar thing Ola was speaking at? Or a store? I'm assuming the prior, but if you know of a tangible location near there, please do tell :lol:.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
The seminar. Next Monday is Ken Parker, too. Would love to check that one out if work allows.

Reaction score

Could you imagine this changing your technique to a more "ergonomic" one?

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Could you imagine this changing your technique to a more "ergonomic" one?

Ehh, maybe. However, I don't want to have to relearn the instrument for one guitar, especially since my current technique is such that I've avoided recurring tendonitis issues for almost six years without issue.

Further, when I spent time playing with my thumb in the "correct" position, I did not find it to be comfortable or relaxing, and I felt as though I lacked leverage for bends.

I think it's a simple fact that one neck profile is not for everyone; I do not like the tiny Wizard I necks, or the flat-backed Wizard IIs, or even the Gibson Slim Taper neck, but the modern Fender Strat/G&L profile is insanely comfortable, as is the Fender Clapton profile.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
how thick is the endurneck? I have heard the neck profile is thicker than you would expect

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Ola said on facebook they have another upcoming signature guitar. Steve Vai got to play it, but they're keeping the specifics under wraps. I've no idea who it'll be for, but I hope it's Holdsworth, though I doubt he'd leave Carvin.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Ola said on facebook they have another upcoming signature guitar. Steve Vai got to play it, but they're keeping the specifics under wraps. I've no idea who it'll be for, but I hope it's Holdsworth, though I doubt he'd leave Carvin.

could be a sarah longfield sig, but if its someone else I really hope its a neck-thru boden 6 :hbang:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score

My guess is Aaron Marshall.

how thick is the endurneck? I have heard the neck profile is thicker than you would expect

It is quite thick compared to, say, an Ibanez or Jackson. In terms of front-to-back depth, I'd say it's about Fender depth, although for me the particular profile made it feel bulkier than it probably is.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
1377400_645733735471073_219658553_n.jpg

New signature 7 string. Any ideas?

Also, it looks like a Boden with a pickguard. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
One of Strandberg's earliest guitars had a Strat-style pickguard and three singlecoil-sized Alumitones.

IMG_2583.jpg

If and when my "custom" number ever comes up, there's a very good chance I will be going for an HSS build or a Tele.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yes, #4 is cool. I spoke with Ola about it in August.

HSS is a cool idea, but I wonder what he'd say to a single cut.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Anyone know if any Boden 7s kicking around in London UK?

Interested in trying one before possibly throwing down.

Can bring Blackmacheenz for testing.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
One of Strandberg's earliest guitars had a Strat-style pickguard and three singlecoil-sized Alumitones.

IMG_2583.jpg

If and when my "custom" number ever comes up, there's a very good chance I will be going for an HSS build or a Tele.

Strandberg Tele?

Boss. I want one already.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Anyone know if any Boden 7s kicking around in London UK?

Interested in trying one before possibly throwing down.

Can bring Blackmacheenz for testing.

As Boden 7s go, I think the closest one to you may be NI, unfortunately. I haven't heard of any 7s over there yet., though someone probably knows better than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')