Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I've got a second custom spot already, so maybe, and I'll probably put a third one in soon. The other thing is a 4 month production build time is a lot more appealing than the many year wait time on a custom.

And, of course, you're right about the machine set ups and templates, I should have acknowledged that in my post, but I was being hopeful. I'll remain so until it's a definite no on production 9s.

Last time I was talking to him, Ola mentioned #36 as a candidate for a Boden 6 production, but again, I don't know if that'll come to pass.

Ill be so pissed if the Boden 6 ends up having a trem too. #24 or something similar would be way more awesome for a Boden 6, bolt on or NTB

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Prototype 8 string neck with maple fretboard:

1454587_541004502636345_60944644_n.jpg

Want.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Well, no reason to go with another trem equipped model when loads of folks play fixed 6's. Heck, that's one of the reasons I elected not to put in for a Masvidalien. I was just surprised to hear that they were releasing yet another signature, and a seven to boot. I know they're stable, but it seems like the business model built on signature guitars, or at least those built initially for big names, backfired horribly. I think they should have started with a Boden 6/7/8 (with specs loosely based on Tosin's/Misha's/???'s) and then begun to introduce sigs for the 6's and 7's down the road. Not all that different from what they ultimately did, but still worth noting.

You can dream it right into a deposit on a full custom? And the programmed CAD isn't the biggest issue, it'd be getting Washburn's machines set up and vac templates built to accommodate for production instead of one-offs. I'd imagine their break even point for that investment far outweighs the number of 9's that would be purchased and they know it...that is, provided they even thought it was worth thinking on, which I also highly doubt.

I tend to agree with you but it is odd they posted a pic of the 9 string ola is working on with a caption that said, "A sign of things to come... here is a custom 9 string Ola is working on. Lots coming in 2014...."

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you but it is odd they posted a pic of the 9 string ola is working on with a caption that said, "A sign of things to come... here is a custom 9 string Ola is working on. Lots coming in 2014...."

Yes, a custom 9 string is coming in 2014; keyword there is custom. I think it was a tease designed to stoke interest, which it obviously has. Does that mean there's even a shadow of enough demand to warrant the tooling up for 9 string production? Highly doubtful.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any whispers of when the 2014 models and prices will be released? Kind of holding off on a purchase just in case there's something on there I really want instead of the CL7...

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
2014 prices on current models will be effective December 1st. New models will almost certainly be NAMM. Though, we may see pictures before NAMM, I doubt we'll get prices earlier.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
theres going to be a new boden 7 for sure. I think a proper boden 6 will also be there, maybe more options for the boden 8. other than that they might really surprise us with something were not expecting

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
That's just it though, a Boden 6 with a fixed bridge and stain options like its big brother would definitely be tempting. But not knowing how much prices are going to increase makes waiting a kind of agonizing decision.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
That's just it though, a Boden 6 with a fixed bridge and stain options like its big brother would definitely be tempting. But not knowing how much prices are going to increase makes waiting a kind of agonizing decision.

yea same here. I really want to order a boden but I'll only get that chance if they dont jack the prices up a ton

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
2014 Boden 7

1461697_548552471881548_1954702469_n.jpg

2014 price list and catalogue will be online by 1st December and a Boden 6 is on the way with a maple top and probably a swamp ash body.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Damn. Think I'll pass on the CL7 if we get the choice of a stained maple top on these....

Edit: Because if they do a denim, my wallet is DOOMED.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Damn. Think I'll pass on the CL7 if we get the choice of a stained maple top on these....

Edit: Because if they do a denim, my wallet is DOOMED.

Oh lord a denim Boden would be orgasmic...

jahosy

Reaction score
Decided to wait for the 2014 models as well.

And yes to denim finish!!

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
I hope they give you the option of neck profile as well now with the boden!

Also +1 to the denim finish , Zomg.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
cant wait to see the colour choices and all the 2014 options! The CL blue or a PRS whale blue would be pretty crazy too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')