Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
If their previously posted boden 8 stains are an indication, a Whale Blue like color is definitely on the table...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
I would lose my pants over any nice blue on the boden 7. The cl7 blue or chocolate or a whale blue would be detrimental to my college savings...

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
They're already £2.5k here, much more of a price increase and that's the door completely shut for me, my full custom with slightly silly specs isn't so much more than that...

I realise there's a wait but you have to decide what's more important - getting one or getting your own.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Well, they're SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable for us in the states than going full custom, let alone having to wait. Guess they elected to match the pricing over there to control a semblance if the overall demand. Because if you guys are paying 2.5, we'd be paying in excess of $3750 plus shipping in our local currency....

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
^a grand higher than current pricing.

I know I've been attracted heavily to the production bodens because of their affordability for the quality and build time. Sure, three grand is certainly a significant amount of money, but it doesn't come near the four or five grand (sometimes) more charged by multiple high profile luthiers. I mean hell, a semi-custom regius can run that much, and that's not even fully custom.
Four to five month return? I'll gladly sacrifice some small custom options to save two grand (USD, course) and receive my guitar in one-third the time.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
How about black?

1374734_551549584915170_1985293627_n.jpg

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
This is just making me salivate for the inevitable Blue (not Chris' blue though....don't really care for that one). Thinking Paul's getting an email from me as soon as the new list goes live with an order!

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
I can't wait for the blue either. It will be glorious.

I like carvin, but not nearly as much as the bodens. I'd be settling for a carvin, I think. Which doesn't seem right to me. I know they're fantastic guitars but I'm just attracted far more to these. Especially with the colors they're releasing.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Throw some white binding on there (like the Egan run) and I'm all over that black one!

jahosy

Reaction score
Throw some white binding on there (like the Egan run) and I'm all over that black one!

:yesway:

Or just stain the top and leave the sides as 'natural finish'

So glad that i've decided to pull the plug on the deposit prior their price hike on 1 Dec. I'd rather get it 'right' (having doubts about the CL7 inlay) than panic buy. :)

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
:yesway:

Or just stain the top and leave the sides as 'natural finish'

So glad that i've decided to pull the plug on the deposit prior their price hike on 1 Dec. I'd rather get it 'right' (having doubts about the CL7 inlay) than panic buy. :)

I placed an order for a CL7 aswell.
It would have been a little to much after the change so I rather have one now, which I allready like then wait and see what comes up and have to drop more dough.

jahosy

Reaction score
I placed an order for a CL7 aswell.
It would have been a little to much after the change so I rather have one now, which I allready like then wait and see what comes up and have to drop more dough.

Don't get me wrong... i do think the Bodens / CL7 are great innovative axes but IMHO the 12 fret inlay, in general, should be something personal (which in this case the CL7 is to Chris) and to spend over A$3500 (after shipping and tax to OZ) with a symbol on the fretboard that i can't relate to doesn't seem right.

And again, just a personal perference :)

Otherwise it's definitely a stunning piece of instrument and congrats on getting one! :hbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')