Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... i do think the Bodens / CL7 are great innovative axes but IMHO the 12 fret inlay, in general, should be something personal (which in this case the CL7 is to Chris) and to spend over A$3500 (after shipping and tax to OZ) with a symbol on the fretboard that i can't relate to doesn't seem right.

And again, just a personal perference :)

Otherwise it's definitely a stunning piece of instrument and congrats on getting one! :hbang:

Agreed. I think that the marginal price increase is going to justify waiting to get one that doesn't have the personalized inlay. Plus, I like to have a uniform looking neck (as silly as that sounds), so I think the maple is going to be preferable to the cocobolo, which seemed to have pretty crazy figuring...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... i do think the Bodens / CL7 are great innovative axes but IMHO the 12 fret inlay, in general, should be something personal (which in this case the CL7 is to Chris) and to spend over A$3500 (after shipping and tax to OZ) with a symbol on the fretboard that i can't relate to doesn't seem right. And again, just a personal perference :) Otherwise it's definitely a stunning piece of instrument and congrats on getting one! :hbang:

I don't think I mind that much, its a great band and the logo isn't ugly.
It's personal sure but It's also a Sig model.
I would take a boden but the cl7 has a bit longer scale length, and I prefer the flame maple top over walnut.
But main reason is the scale length.

Anyways, whichever one decides to get, they will be quality guitars.

Blackheim

Guitar Emperor
Reaction score
Ok guys, since there's a lot of hyping I have done some color modifications to the Boden 2014. I hope, they don't increase their prices a lot and being around the $3k mark, more than that is not justifiable in a fixed spec guitar (IMHO).
By the way, I ordered a Blue CL7 that should be completed in December or early January (stoked as hell). I don't care about the Pacman inlay, and I am a Pacman fan, so go figure.
Enough yaba yaba, mockups here:

TigerOrange:

Aqua:

Aged Bengal:

...and of course, DENIM:

Bloody Roar 2:

Grimace:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I would literally eat some denim to get at that denim stain. Oh well, there's always getting it refinished down the road....or letting it sit in the sun? (jk)

I've been talking with Paul about these and while I won't comment on what he's revealed, I think that everyone will be able to find something to like about the colors on offer.

Blackheim

Guitar Emperor
Reaction score
I would literally eat some denim to get at that denim stain. Oh well, there's always getting it refinished down the road....or letting it sit in the sun? (jk)

I've been talking with Paul about these and while I won't comment on what he's revealed, I think that everyone will be able to find something to like about the colors on offer.

Yeah, there are some nice surprises. I hope they keep a similar price tag. I think I'll get to the point of refinishing my CL7 and get it Denimized....

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Yeah, there are some nice surprises. I hope they keep a similar price tag. I think I'll get to the point of refinishing my CL7 and get it Denimized....

I ordered the chocolate stain, but if I am bot satisfied it's just a refinish and it's a whole new guitar

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
Allan posted a picture of his Boden 8 "Blondeberg" prototype with that maple board and a natural finish on FB. I'm not sure what other colors will be available for 2014 but I believe they mentioned this was an option for the Boden 7. Damn does that look nice:

1461832_577206372362617_415419296_n.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That is just about the weirdest picture I've ever seen. We should be playing, "What's the caption?" :lol:

And that Boden looks photoshopped in there, no?

Good to see other finish options on these bad boys. I'm partial to that red one, myself.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I know they're probably holding off releasing the models/pricing today so that people can't see the increase and decide to order now, but given that the guys probably aren't in the office to accept new orders anyways......

Release the 2014 specs!!!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The new catalogue was supposed to come out by December 1st! It is already December 1st in Sweden, so I demand my catalogue!

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Yepp. Probably wont happen till tomorrow since today is sunday

Yeah, but they did say the 1st. Oh well, it's not like I had the cash to drop on one right now anyway, I just wanted to see what was new and play the "what-if" game.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I was tempted to post a picture of an actual Doe, but then I realized how much work would be entailed....

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, but they did say the 1st. Oh well, it's not like I had the cash to drop on one right now anyway, I just wanted to see what was new and play the "what-if" game.

They'll probably release it right after the website goes live.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist! :lol:)

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
From Facebook:

"Hey guys. Doing the final details of the new 2014 catalog and will be posting it asap today."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')