Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I'd love to snag one but the fact that there were QC errors like scratches on a 3500$ guitar is just too much of a risk.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Those "squiggly" things are true temperament frets.

Yeah, I know. It was the word choice that Per used himself though, haha.

'Merry Christmas to meeeee!!! Here is a sneak peak of one of the Strandberg prototypes we've been working on - look at those squiggly-wiggly frets: they make everything sound silky smooth! Full specs and pics will hopefully be released in a month or so.'

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
There was one from the Washburn factory recently; apparently the credited a bit back to the buyer to cover local repair costs.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
As long as the TT frets end up looking good on the fretboard (I.E. no original fret placement marks shown underneath) I will be VERY interested in picking up one of these.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with the pictures they're posting on their FB page? It looks like they've opened up the stain options on their guitars or something? Purple and Green?

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Ah, fair enough...I was still kind of thinking about an order, but after seeing that the backs are no longer natural and the price via paypal is upwards of $3600 with a stain on the 7 string...hard to pull the proverbial trigger.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with the pictures they're posting on their FB page? It looks like they've opened up the stain options on their guitars or something? Purple and Green?

Those stains were available from day one of the boden 8's.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Yeah, hadn't paid attention to that since I was never considering an 8, but thanks for the info. Shame there's such a limited choice. Heck, I'd pay even more if I could get the exact color I wanted, but alas.....no such luck.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Yeah, hadn't paid attention to that since I was never considering an 8, but thanks for the info. Shame there's such a limited choice. Heck, I'd pay even more if I could get the exact color I wanted, but alas.....no such luck.

I'm in pretty much the exact same boat as you dude. I'm still holding out that the green lava or sun flare stains really blow me away. Here's hoping

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
That's the thing though, why would they bother with stock stains that people are likely to buy when they could easily have polled and gone with some kick ass colors that people are almost sure to buy. A Boden 7 in Denim would have sold like ....ing mad and with their pricing, I think it would have put them in a very good financial situation as they'd be selling tons, but not so many that demand exceeded production...

jemfloral

Reaction score
I'm in pretty much the exact same boat as you dude. I'm still holding out that the green lava or sun flare stains really blow me away. Here's hoping

The green one in the pictures looks nice, but I decided to go ahead with my first build and see what I could do for myself. The price jump pushed it a bit too far above what I wanted to pay.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad I actually like (and wanted) a guitar with an un-stained flame-maple top :p ... so I don't have to pay extra. The current colors are awesome, though.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Per's new signature guitar
1496621_10152562498279616_1308442748_n.jpg

Looks like we are seeing no inlays, maple neck (most likely with a couple of ebony filets), black hardware etc :)

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Well there goes the chance of a bright neonish style swirl :( .

It will look amazing either way though.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I dig. I can't really tell what I'm looking at though - is that a trem backplate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')