Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
preliminary pricing at 3500$? damn, then this thing will be going up over 4k before TT frets once they hike the price

BTW for the neck profile on the spec sheet it says Endurneck Singularity profile. Tweaked Endurneck profile??????

Referring to "preliminary pricing"?

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
This is honestly SUPER disappointing. Like stated above the execution with the swirl/pickguard / pickup config. I'm sure this thing plays swimmingly but Im still holding out hope they will release more stains EVENTUALLY.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure this thing plays swimmingly but Im still holding out hope they will release more stains EVENTUALLY.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you are actually asking for a Boden 7. There are 6 stains for that one, and you can upgrade to true-temperament.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you are actually asking for a Boden 7. There are 6 stains for that one, and you can upgrade to true-temperament.

Absolutely , that being said, the stain options they currently offer for the 7's are not my cup of tea at all, say compared to the stain options available for the 8's. But who knows they still have a 'green lava' stain available for the 7 that has not been shown yetti.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Absolutely , that being said, the stain options they currently offer for the 7's are not my cup of tea at all, say compared to the stain options available for the 8's. But who knows they still have a 'green lava' stain available for the 7 that has not been shown yetti.

They offer the same stains on the 7s and 8s.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if preliminary pricing means price goes up a little if the demand appears high, but stays the same if the demand appears low. I cant think of what else it could be based upon.

Or Maybe they will be placing orders after NAMM for pickups and hardware after they have a better feel for how many to plan for in the initial run. Maybe the final price will be a reflection of estimated first run interest

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
I wish they had gone with more options on the Bodens instead of a third artist signature model. I don't really understand why they're bringing out another, particularly one this niche. Maybe it's because I associate the concept with Strictly 7, but emphasis on artist sigs always leaves me uneasy.

Obviously Per is an amazing player, but they've yet to build a Boden 6, and AFAIK they've yet to ship any of the Boden 8s or Masvidaliens. Yet now we've got a third very specifically specced signature model, and they won't offer additional stains or options on the Bodens. Kind of a bummer when you're in the ballpark of $3500.

I'm sure they'll all be excellent guitars (I desperately want a Boden), I just don't quite understand their business model thus far :scratch:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I know the pricing is not really related to there being more models, but I'd much rather see the old pricing with just the Boden 7 and CL7 than having the new pricing with a bunch of stain options and a particularly ugly artist model. :2c:

I know, I know, I just need to get over the fact that the price increase has firmly taken these off my radar. :lol:

But, I wanted a $2850 CL7 so bad...

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Totally in agreement with both posts above, they should focus on the PRODUCTION aspect of this business venture, rather than branching into very niche signatures like Per's. I dig the specs on the Bodens, but the lack of a range of color choices really killed it for me; just because you aren't a custom shop doesn't mean you can't offer at least what the competition does in your price bracket.

And I think I'd order a CL7....if they were less than 3k all told. But now that they've increased the price that much, I can't in good conscience pick one up knowing full well I could have saved that money if I had pulled the trigger sooner.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
^ Meh. I don't particularly care that I "could have" saved money, they gave us plenty of warning about price increases.

My primary complaint is that in that price range, I'd get a Suhr 7, no question. Having played the (admittedly barely set up) Bodens and CL7 at Ola's design discussion, and having played two Suhr 7s now, for me there was no contest. At under $3k, it was a great alternative to the Suhr; at the same price, it's a no go :(

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
They offer the same stains on the 7s and 8s.
After the price increase sure, but the 8's had a COMPLETELY different option for stains, including a SICK purple stain along with some other beauts, which they NEVER allowed as an option for 7's.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
^ Meh. I don't particularly care that I "could have" saved money, they gave us plenty of warning about price increases.

Well, I was dead set on pulling the trigger on a Boden 7 anyways, but then the changes and overall pricing scheme with the limited stain options pushed me back to the CL7 as being a prime option....but knowing that "one day" had increased the price $500 put me off a purchase.

My primary complaint is that in that price range, I'd get a Suhr 7, no question. Having played the (admittedly barely set up) Bodens and CL7 at Ola's design discussion, and having played two Suhr 7s now, for me there was no contest. At under $3k, it was a great alternative to the Suhr; at the same price, it's a no go :(

Thanks for the insight on that, appreciate it.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
That said, if the Bodens had anything but the Endurneck, I probably would have liked them better... but Drew's Suhr was just impeccable, albeit more "traditional" looking and heavier.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
NAMM!

1517555_700568829987563_914744501_n.jpg

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm not going to NAMM, but a friend is, and he will be playing the two custom ones (from Sweden) so that we can compare them with the ones coming out from the Washburn custom shop. Lucky guy :)

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm not going to NAMM, but a friend is, and he will be playing the two custom ones (from Sweden) so that we can compare them with the ones coming out from the Washburn custom shop. Lucky guy :)

Lucky indeed! These pictures are getting me very excited for Musikmesse.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
484023_703297083048071_1567228558_n.jpg

I should have thrown down a deposit on a purple Boden 8 last year. I'll regret that until they bring back purple as an option.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
484023_703297083048071_1567228558_n.jpg

I should have thrown down a deposit on a purple Boden 8 last year. I'll regret that until they bring back purple as an option.

One of those three natural-finish Boden 8's should be my order ... fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')