Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
It's basically scaled according to width. The middle plane is pretty narrow, but the neck is smaller... If you find the 7/8-string profile comfy you should like the 6-string profile.

I found the 6-string to be much more comfortable than the 7-string Endurneck profile. That said, I'm one of the few people who absolutely and completely disliked the Endurneck on the 7-strings, so take that with a grain of salt.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I just spoke to Allan, and from what he said they've just drawn the Boden 6. And no prototypes have been made or anything, so he told me that in about 2 months I should expect something in regards to those. Shame too, I wanted to order one with hopes of getting them during the summer at some point.

I might just break down and order a Boden 7/CL7 in the meantime just because I really do want to try these out.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I found the 6-string to be much more comfortable than the 7-string Endurneck profile. That said, I'm one of the few people who absolutely and completely disliked the Endurneck on the 7-strings, so take that with a grain of salt.

Oh, I agree. I find the scaling better fits 6-string necks. I wouldn't have said that if it was going from a narrower neck to a wider one instead of wider to narrow.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. I find the scaling better fits 6-string necks. I wouldn't have said that if it was going from a narrower neck to a wider one instead of wider to narrow.

The thing is, I still felt the 6-string Endurneck was less comfortable than a traditional neck profile :lol:

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Getting a free guitar is hardly onboard, just means, 'oh, cool thanks for the free guitar random builder'.

Did Ola or the chaps from Tool say that the guitar was acquired for free? I can't see Ola building random guitars for Tool, he seems to have a strong fanbase, and enough high profile artists reaching out to him as is to be going around giving freebies on his schedule.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
Same here bud, a few more days I suppose. You can always message Paul through facebook, he usually replies within the day.

ugh the waiting is killing me :realmad:. I sold my only 7 recently and i need this thing soon. Paul told me few weeks ago that i will know about shipping info end of march-ish.. Hopefully they will ship those beauties out this week...

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Did Ola or the chaps from Tool say that the guitar was acquired for free? I can't see Ola building random guitars for Tool, he seems to have a strong fanbase, and enough high profile artists reaching out to him as is to be going around giving freebies on his schedule.

Tool is a big and very different fanbase than Ola's current reach.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I just tried out a .strandberg* Washburn run in Tokyo.

.strandberg.JPG

Insanely light, notes jump out and absolutely joyous to play.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
I got mail from paul and he said mine will be in next batch. i hope that means mine will be in next shipping which is next week i guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')