Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
did anyone get guitars yet? I sent e mails week ago but i didnt get reply from them yet. I'm scheduled to go overseas in May and i really want to get this guitar before i leave.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
did anyone get guitars yet? I sent e mails week ago but i didnt get reply from them yet. I'm scheduled to go overseas in May and i really want to get this guitar before i leave.

I suggest messaging them on facebook, I was getting replies within hours unlike email were it took them a few days usually.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
A friend of mine, Jonathan got his Boden 7 with the Pegasus/Sentient Pickups last week. So the guitars were sent out, I'm pretty sure they tagged the customers getting something in that picture on Facebook.

Quick question for the CL7 owners. I spoke to Allan and Paul, and from what I understand, if I swap the pickups for something passive, I would need to ground the bridge. How do I go about doing that? I've installed pickups but never heard about grounding the bridge, I know Floyds have a ground wire, but don't know about Hardtails.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Do all Strandberg guitars have a zero fret? If so, all you'll have to do it ground the bridge to the high E string and the zero fret will help ground the other bridge pieces. That will probably require some drilling to get to the bridge and running the wire since EMGs don't have to have a ground wire.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I spoke to Paul and they won't add in a way to do it from the factory sadly. Unless the guitar comes with passives. Not a bad idea to utilize Zero Fret, I'll have to do some more research on that to make sure it's safe haha.

I've actually thought about just running a ground wire through the bottom of the pickup cavity angled 45 degrees from under the D String Saddle. That way it's all still hidden and I can just ground each saddle without too much of a hassle, I think I'm going to try my hardest to just enjoy the 55-67 Combo instead of putting myself through that :lol:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I figured this might help. Straight from Ola's mouth. Or keyboard. .strandberg: Ground Zero

Dude thank you so much! That's a huge help, I'm placing my order this week for the CL7. The fact that the zero fret is used to ground as well is a huge help, that'll reduce the need to route if I eventually want to replace the pickups!

EDIT: Welp, just realized there's a waitlist to even place an order. If I had known I would have gone on it weeks ago because I have the money ready now. Just found out from Paul about this.

Man, I really wanted to get one by the end of summer but who knows now :lol:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Man it pays to stay up late! Watching the Blood Moon and I got an email from Ola stating that they're opening up for orders now. Really excited, and I honestly think I'm one of the first ones for this run since I just placed the order a few minutes ago as I got the email.

There's a waitlist now apparently, you sign up if you want one and they'll email you when the run is ready to be ordered. Should have mine by next semester, wish it was sooner but whatever 3-4 months isn't that long of a wait. What's interesting is that the CL7 has a 250$ upcharge if you want the regular C Shaped Neck, I'm glad I'm cool with the Endurneck!

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Man it pays to stay up late! Watching the Blood Moon and I got an email from Ola stating that they're opening up for orders now. Really excited, and I honestly think I'm one of the first ones for this run since I just placed the order a few minutes ago as I got the email.

There's a waitlist now apparently, you sign up if you want one and they'll email you when the run is ready to be ordered. Should have mine by next semester, wish it was sooner but whatever 3-4 months isn't that long of a wait. What's interesting is that the CL7 has a 250$ upcharge if you want the regular C Shaped Neck, I'm glad I'm cool with the Endurneck!

Congrats man! A wait list to be put on the wait list? Sounds strange but at least Ola is running his business the correct way!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Congrats man! A wait list to be put on the wait list? Sounds strange but at least Ola is running his business the correct way!

Yeah it's interesting, from what I understand they're doing runs now, I'm in the May/June Run. And they're doing batches of guitars instead of having one large waitlist with like 50 people. You only pay the deposit when you're in a run, so it's kind of like Ola's waitlist for the M2M guitars as well. Thanks dude, I'm so excited to try something new and different! :D

Anyone know how much it costs to have them ship to Canada? I emailed Astral but never got a response.

Cloudy can answer that for you, he ordered a Boden from them and got it in Canada!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
First TT neck for the production models:

10152466_745005988877180_5277294014196031_n.jpg

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Allan comfirmed that my CL7 is shipping tomorrow :D
Woehoe, hope there is something in this batch for the guys that haven't recieved anything yet.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
Well, just spoke with allan few hours ago and he reject my guitar because it has stain bleed.
Seems like I have to wait another month.....ugh :(

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Well, just spoke with allan few hours ago and he reject my guitar because it has stain bleed.

That's not such good news, but on the other hand that means your guitar will be perfect!
I would prefer to wait a bit longer then have a faulty guitar IMO.
Hang thight man!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score

In all honesty be glad they caught it so they could give you a perfect product. Unfortunately a lot of custom shop companies out there these days don't have that level or quality control (or atleast they don't care). No worm holes for you....

zasonlee89

Reaction score
I agree with you guys. We have seen horrible story with custom guitars. I'm very appreciated their honesty and best effort for quality.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm sadly going to have to retract my order, while it says on their catalog that they accept 3 methods of payment they only accept one now. That being Paypal, so you have to add in the cost of fees on both your deposit and balance.

Just thought people might want to know if you're considering ordering one, have the 3.9% set aside as well for both payments. I decided to not order it because it would be around 3600 by the end of it all, and although I AM curious, I'm not that curious yet :lol: I'll just wait until this production thing gets fast enough that we can order one through a normal system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')