Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Holy Cow, I feel really lucky right now. I called Wright Tone Guitars up and Ede was really cool about having me snag his last Boden 7 up and I placed the deposit for it until he got it and I paid off the balance!

Very excited because I was less than stoked about the decision for flame tops, because if you order one without a stain it's going to be very light colored considering the maple neck/swamp ash body. The last 7 he had was in the Space finish, the black was the other finish I was considering. But I'm glad I didn't get stuck with a color I wasn't all that into.

He still has Masdivaliens and other Bodens coming in if anyone wants to place an order and skip the wait.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jemp

Reaction score
Well I actually placed my order of a Boden6 in mid December 2013....and since then there has not been much updates....guess it's gonna go like my last semicustom -> triple the wait time lol....

Still, always wanted a Strandberg and ima get one :)

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I actually placed my order of a Boden6 in mid December 2013....and since then there has not been much updates....guess it's gonna go like my last semicustom -> triple the wait time lol....

Still, always wanted a Strandberg and ima get one :)

I had forgotten about the new Boden 6.

I guess you'll be in the first Boden 6 batch. Don't forget to do a NGD!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I certainly hope so xD

You can bet I will :lol:

Interesting, they wouldn't even tell me anything nor let me order the Boden 6 last back in March. How'd you place an order?

Also just got confirmation of my Boden 7, anyone swapped the pickups on these with Passives? I'm stuck with EMG 707x's since I wasn't able to place the order from the start, I'm thinking of settling on a set of Active Sized 57-66's but I found out BKP is making active sized Passives so I wouldn't mind going that route, asked over at The Axe Palace to find out if BKP makes slanted Active Housed Pickups.

Jemp

Reaction score
Interesting, they wouldn't even tell me anything nor let me order the Boden 6 last back in March. How'd you place an order?

I basically wrote astral EXR Systems an email 3 hours after strandberg released the new 2014 models, and ordered one. He then refered me to Guitar Candy in belgium since hes the EU dealer closest to me. A few days later I paid my deposit and since then I'm waiting.....

...and waiting....

...and I still don't know which finish I'm gonna choose, wanna see green lava :lol:

blanco

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you jemp.

If you haven't already join the mailing list. They are still working on the boden 6 prototypes and once they have finished them will start taking orders. Even with that being said the last email update i received said that the May, June and July production runs are full and the next openings will be for the august/september runs so i can't see any sixers will be out before then.

I'm probably going to go with a natural finish, i like to have bright vibrate colours or really unique top wood so i thought natural would work well if i then decided to get it refinished.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I think the Boden 6/8 work well with the natural top because they have darker fretboard woods. Shame about the Boden 6's though, I can't imagine them being done before December of this year or early next year.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
10371478_674522539297666_1490664767513108329_n.jpg

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Strandberg is wonderful for many things, but time estimation isn't one of them :rofl:

fool

ya getting fooled
Reaction score
hey so i'm like 296 in ola's custom wait list (got my mail today :lol:) anybody knows how much time will i have to wait (approximately)?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
hey so i'm like 296 in ola's custom wait list (got my mail today :lol:) anybody knows how much time will i have to wait (approximately)?

For custom stuff, use the Strandberg thread in the Luthiery section:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/luthiery-modifications-customizations/173503-strandberg-thread.html

To answer your question. I'd count on at least a few years. Like 5+ years. Mine took 30 months to be delivered, and when I ordered in 2012, I was 30 something on the list. He's sped up, but you'll be waiting a while. I believe he estimates his max possible output to be around 40 a year, which he hasn't reached yet, so that'd put you around 7 and a half years, minimum...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/luthiery-modifications-customizations/173503-strandberg-thread.html

To answer your question. I'd count on at least a few years. Like 5+ years. Mine took 30 months to be delivered, and when I ordered in 2012, I was 30 something on the list. He's sped up, but you'll be waiting a while. I believe he estimates his max possible output to be around 40 a year, which he hasn't reached yet, so that'd put you around 7 and a half years, minimum...

People will drop out though. It's easy to sign up to a list.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Aren't those suppose be flame top?

Yeah lately Ive been seeing a lot of 'curly' maple tops coming out of the shop, not flamed. You'd think they'd stay true to their spec list but you know whatever they can get their hands on I guess.

fool

ya getting fooled
Reaction score

Thank you, didn't know about other thread...
hoping that the waiting list goes down faster, i've got a bad GAS and astral specs are not totaly for me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')