Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
10371478_674522539297666_1490664767513108329_n.jpg

Are there more pictures of the stained Boden 7s somewhere? I too am a little surprised at the tops they've been using; I thought flame maple was pretty easy to get ahold of, but the curly stuff still looks good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Are there more pictures of the stained Boden 7s somewhere? I too am a little surprised at the tops they've been using; I thought flame maple was pretty easy to get ahold of, but the curly stuff still looks good.

That's the first and only picture I've seen.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
hey so i'm like 296 in ola's custom wait list (got my mail today :lol:) anybody knows how much time will i have to wait (approximately)?

When I joined the list mid last year I was #317. Then late last year he cleaned up the list and I jumped to #168 or something like that, now Im at #122 about 3-5 months later so things are pickingup for sure but still be prepared to wait atleast 3 years

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Hm, not my cup of tea.
I hope the Boden8 I'm waiting for does have a flame top comparable to the NGD pics from recent weeks.

Sadly we don't have much choice, you just get whatever happens to be there when they're building your particular guitar. That's the struggle of a production instrument, and The Washberg stuff isn't at the level where websites can showcase a large inventory of in stock models so you can pick your favorite top. Hope it does reach that point eventually though.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Old skool woodworkers call both flamed and quilted "curly" (I know this because it's what my 80 year old woodworker grandpa calls it).

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I have my doubts about the upcoming green/yellow stain, but so far all the production run colors have been extremely well chosen. I love that first redrum guitar!

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
I have my doubts about the upcoming green/yellow stain, but so far all the production run colors have been extremely well chosen. I love that first redrum guitar!

When I ordered a Boden 8, there were no real samples available, just a pic with some stain tests. I told Paul about my favorites and figured the "green/yellow/black" stain would be the one.
Paul sent me some pics of Allan's green Boden 8 to give me an idea, although he said mine would turn out a tad darker (I'd appreciate that).

I have been wondering how the green lava stain would differ, but so far I haven't seen pics of either stains.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Ah okay! I didn't know that! I think the Rosewood looks better on it but I'd definitely want to hear how the Wenge sounds on these!

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
10362162_469287523202825_1502199193_n.jpg

... these are from Allan Marcus's instagram. They are all going to Ede Wright's. I don't know how many of those are spoken for, but if you don't like waiting, you should give Wright a call.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The slanted EMG-style housing with bolts are... SD pegasus/sentients?

FWIW, I hounded Ede about a Parker for a bit and though I ultimately went with something else, he seems like a cool guy. A proper player too.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The slanted EMG-style housing with bolts are... SD pegasus/sentients?

FWIW, I hounded Ede about a Parker for a bit and though I ultimately went with something else, he seems like a cool guy. A proper player too.

Yeah, those are Pegasus/Sentient.

2 rows of slugs per pickup will be SD pickups.
1 row is likely 57/66
No slugs will be Blackouts, or all the other EMGs
Then X-Bars are quite obvious

So from top to bottom in that picture:
X-Bar/X-Bar
X-Bar/X-Bar
Pegasus/Sentient
Pegasus/Sentient
808X/808X

Status
Not open for further replies.
')