Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, look what Chris Letchford is getting!

10378967_10152542326050572_2003280236040146469_n.jpg

NEED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, look what Chris Letchford is getting!

10378967_10152542326050572_2003280236040146469_n.jpg

NEED!

Literally just came here to post that.

I want to buy one of these so badly and send it out to marty bell to paint, that would be a bit over the top though =p.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Man, I love those metal flake finishes, reminds me of bass boats from the 70's. My dad had a jetboat that used to be metal flake green before he repainted it.

One day I'll refinish a guitar like that.

Jemp

Reaction score
So anyone got any idea how far they are with production Boden6's ? Growing pretty impatient now >.>

That 4 months target is false hope......D:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
So anyone got any idea how far they are with production Boden6's ? Growing pretty impatient now >.>

That 4 months target is false hope......D:

SQ7CXGM.png

This is from their latest production emails, considering the production of the Masdivalien when the first few ones were coming out, I'd say that is definitely wishful thinking.

Considering orders now, production beginning in august I would seriously expect it early next year at the earliest. Still waiting on my Boden 7 and Ede told me he ordered his batch 4 months prior from mid May. Now I'm still waiting for mine to show up and it's already been a month over from when he told me that, so 5 going on 6 months right now.

Jemp

Reaction score
SQ7CXGM.png

This is from their latest production emails, considering the production of the Masdivalien when the first few ones were coming out, I'd say that is definitely wishful thinking.

Considering orders now, production beginning in august I would seriously expect it early next year at the earliest. Still waiting on my Boden 7 and Ede told me he ordered his batch 4 months prior from mid May. Now I'm still waiting for mine to show up and it's already been a month over from when he told me that, so 5 going on 6 months right now.

Well damn....I placed my deposit 7 months ago. And the only thing I heard was, prototypes are done soon.

That was 4 months ago lol
Since then silence.

Actually hoped to get the guitar this year, but i guess i can scratch that plan:lol:

Edit: Subscribed to the production list, so i have at least some clue....guess back to waiting >.<

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
To those who ordered via Music Store Cologne in 2013:
anybody got any updates from AES/Ola/Music Store?

I'm seriously wondering if I get my Boden8 this year at all...

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
To those who ordered via Music Store Cologne in 2013:
anybody got any updates from AES/Ola/Music Store?

I'm seriously wondering if I get my Boden8 this year at all...

I hope you get yours soon man, I spoke to Allan today via messages and he said my boden would be ready by the end of the month. Hopefully sooner than that.

NikkyBends

Reaction score
I hope you get yours soon man, I spoke to Allan today via messages and he said my boden would be ready by the end of the month. Hopefully sooner than that.

I paid Musicstore in full, February -14. I've spoken to both Allan and Frank@musicstore. I can tell you that despite our comms i've nothing to share.

When did you musicstore-guys place your orders?

In my opinion this silent treatment is not ok. Im seriously thinking about canceling my build and put my ca$h in a Skerv Shoggie or some Swedish luthier.

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
When did you musicstore-guys place your orders?

Nov. 26th 2013. Haven't paid so far (despite asking numerous times what the final price would be) and now I'm glad about that. BTW, I chose a Boden8 which was basically already ordered by Music Store, so first ETA was december 2013!
Meanwhile this got me thinking, I could have gotten on some luthier's waiting list (not Ola's of course) with just a minor difference in build time... :lol:

:rolleyes:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Man, I was really close to jumping on the wait list but I just can't rationalize the decision. There are guitars from Suhr, Jackson and PRS I'd also like that I know are going to be spot on. The lack of communication and the flaws in the NGD's for $3K+ guitars are such a bummer.

I guess I have to try one from the used market once the hype dies down.

Feralsapien

Reaction score
Hi all, just registered to provide my experience buying a strandberg through musicstore.

I've ordered a Boden 7 through musicstore in September 2013, paid full in advance, and got it 6 months later (not 4 months as advertised by AES).
Back then, the 7’s were the only guitars being produced at full speed. Boden 8 production had just started a few weeks earlier and Masvidaliens were still in the paper (judging from Allan's and AES FB posts).
In the several email exchanges with musicstore (one of their country representatives), after the 4th month, I was left with the impression it escaped their control since they could never provide an accurate ETA and so I assumed it was an AES communication issue.

Considering AES took Boden 8 orders since its inception and only started its production late 2013, their 8’s “waiting list” must be quite extensive.

bschmidt

chug life
Reaction score
anyone else getting frustrated that the only updates we are seeing are builds for bigger artists? i mean its cool that tool and chris letchford get their own custom paint jobs but its sort of a kick to the crotch that everyone is here waiting, either on a list or for updates, in the dark while we see all these guitars we can't get specs comparable to :(

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I am a bit, spoke to Allan and from what I hear end of the month is when mine will be ready. Holding them to that because Ede ordered these guitars at the end of the year last year apparently.

Also, important changes to the Boden 8 have just been made apparently. More stain options, Ebony Fretboards on the Boden 8's instead of rosewood, still has a Rosewood Neck with Maple Stripes. A good friend of mine just placed an order with Ede and he mentioned all these changes.

NikkyBends

Reaction score
anyone else getting frustrated that the only updates we are seeing are builds for bigger artists? i mean its cool that tool and chris letchford get their own custom paint jobs but its sort of a kick to the crotch that everyone is here waiting, either on a list or for updates, in the dark while we see all these guitars we can't get specs comparable to :(

^this!!! I was thinking about starting a thread about the builders being the new rockstars but my lack in english kept me from that.

Last time i checked they were still givin personal facebookcomments that buildtimes were 3-4 months, max 5. Im so close to cancel...

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
I'm not sure who Yvette Young is, but she seems to have received a pretty nice CL7 with some non-standard options (sigh):

10501622_676526595734163_8150962171170319702_n.jpg

So, another artist build. Could the rest of us maybe get the option for no pacman inlay too? :squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')