Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.464700666933396.1073741833.364857230251074&type=3

935579_472007986202664_1869976313_n.jpg

8515_472008139535982_35146216_n.jpg

946869_472008169535979_143082363_n.jpg

Holy ellipsis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
My wallet is in a great deal of pain...

The Letchford model is looking insanely appealing lately.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
My god...
Dat top
Dat colour
Dat neck
Dat board
Dat quality
Dem pickups

HNNNNNGGGGGG

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My god...
Dat top
Dat colour
Dat neck
Dat board
Dat quality
Dem pickups

HNNNNNGGGGGG

Now if only we could get it without the pac man :rofl:

Also not a fan of flat sawn flame (the first two) wonder if you order if you can request the flame style... should note that is strictly personal preference, not a wood quality issue, those are all really nice tops

That color is freaking awesome

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Unless the Masvidaliens turn out amazing, the CL7 will probably be my first Strandberg pro mod. It'll be a flame like the one on the right. This will keep me up all night. It's already occupied me all day.

jahosy

Reaction score
Love that flame top :)

Headless guitars have never appealed to me before, untill now (blame it on the strandberg fiasco) ! How does it feel in general? Especially with the balance since it's going to be light at the top?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Love that flame top :)

Headless guitars have never appealed to me before, untill now (blame it on the strandberg fiasco) ! How does it feel in general? Especially with the balance since it's going to be light at the top?

The Strandbergs I've played balance really well, be that Ola or S7 built. I love the EndurNeck, to me it just feels right. I play with my thumb behind, and I can't say how you'll enjoy it, but as I've said before, I can't remember any bad reviews of it. Also, when playing a headless guitar you may get freaked out when you're playing the lower frets or if you look at the "headstock" while playing. I get that, anyway.

Overall, they feel good.

jahosy

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight :)

My first encounter with headless was a Jackson Headless Soloist, and that was hideous! Couldn't imagine a Jackson with its signature headstock!

The Strandberg and Skervesen headless seemed to work really well aesthetically.

And the plus side of a headless > require less storage space :D

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
As it happens, the things are so light that the friction from a strap is more than enough that you can angle the guitar or position it however you like and it just stays still. The balance happens to be good but I can't express enough how stupidly light these things are.

They make every other guitar feel clunky and stupidly heavy.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The shots of the walnut tops they put up on facebook for the standard Boden 7s all looked sweet as well.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ola emailed me back and said that the Varberg shape will not be licensed, but there WILL be an 8 string version eventually. I asked him if there will be a Washburn equivalent, or if there will be a parallel track for Varberg orders (as opposed to getting in line behind all of the regular strandy orders). I'm not particularly into the traditional shape, but I LOVE that Masvidalien!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I imagine there will eventually be a Varburn 7 and 8 string, my bet is NAMM 2014 for the 7, but I'm not sure if that live will be kept exclusively for signatures.

I think it's possible that there will be a CL8 produced soon, or currently in the pipeline. Whether it makes it to production or not is another day's work.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I am really happy to see how these things are turning out. So nice to see Ola's designs available to more people and without the QC issues of the S7 Bodens. :yesway:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So this is weird that they still don't have anything listed about what is going to happen now that the countdown reached 0 on the website and nothing has happened. Anyone know what exactly they'll be debuting other than strandbergs? (And don't tell me they're behind because they're just three guys, they're human, and they have a lot of work to do and it's not like they're like some big company. :lol: That's the kiss of death on SSO and I don't want to jinx them.)

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I imagine there will eventually be a Varburn 7 and 8 string, my bet is NAMM 2014 for the 7, but I'm not sure if that live will be kept exclusively for signatures.

I think it's possible that there will be a CL8 produced soon, or currently in the pipeline. Whether it makes it to production or not is another day's work.

Id be super surprised at a CL8. Dont think its the kind of thing chris would use so making it another "signature model" wouldnt make sense

that being said, the more production models the better. A Varberg 7 would be amazing but Id also like to see a Boden 6, and/or a fanned fret varberg 6

If I were to order a Wasboden soon, it would be instead of a full custom for me and it would most likely be a CL7, but the Boden 7 and Boden 8 are equally nice so it would be a tough call. But it honestly seems like the waitlist is picking up speed so :scratch:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^......you know Chris plays 8's, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')