Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
If the masvidalian was hardtail with fanned frets, even a mild .75" fan, Id be all over it too. So unless they offer the EMG 57-8 and 66-8 on the boden 8 Ill be going for the CL7

I've got an idea.

Buy Boden 8.

Fit EMG 57-8 and 66-8 ;)

Dooo eeeeet.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
I've got an idea.

Buy Boden 8.

Fit EMG 57-8 and 66-8 ;)

Dooo eeeeet.
180pxvanillaice9hq.jpg

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
if the boden 8 comes with passive routes maybe, because I dont want to wait for those soapbars ;)

the wenge neck is a big plus for me actually

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
According to Ola, the Masvidalien will now be going back to having the blade style toggle switch as originally spec'd out on Paul's Prototype. Also, the bodens will now be boasting a full size toggle switch instead of the mini-toggle as on the spec sheets. Not sure about the CL7 though.
998132_10152900440125627_681845312_n.jpg

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Just saying, I love the mini switch on my berg, I want it on everything!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
That pic above looks dope with EMGs! Whoever gets one of those be sure and do the 707X in the bridge. Its the best tone you will get out of Swamp Ash from EMG or Lace. Granted, I havent heard the 57 in swamp ash nor is it currently even available in soapbar housing.

If your going with EMG in swamp ash then do the 707X!!!!!!!!

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Excuse the ingorance, but isn't it the common belief round here that EMGs mostly sound the same no matter the body wood? Not that I'm an actives player, just curious and wouldn't want to spread misinformation if I'm asked.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Excuse the ingorance, but isn't it the common belief round here that EMGs mostly sound the same no matter the body wood? Not that I'm an actives player, just curious and wouldn't want to spread misinformation if I'm asked.

EMGs sounding mostly the same no matter what body wood is as false as a bear not shitting in the woods

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Flame suit on, but I'm of the opinion that all pups have a sound based on their electrical components and are completely independent of the woods in which they are placed. I have yet to see any theoretical or scientific explanation as to how a particular species, size or cut of wood affects them.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
In my experience the sound of a guitar is determined by these factors, in decreasing order of importance:

pickups > electronics (is there a tone control? are they actives?) > type of neck joint > neck wood > fingerboard wood > body wood > top wood if applicable > humidity > fairies > ghosts > the collective opinion of SS.org posters :lol:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I'm quite sick of it as well, Tech.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
In my experience the sound of a guitar is determined by these factors, in decreasing order of importance:

pickups > electronics (is there a tone control? are they actives?) > type of neck joint > neck wood > fingerboard wood > body wood > top wood if applicable > humidity > fairies > ghosts > the collective opinion of SS.org posters :lol:

Um *pushes glasses up nose* I believe ghosts would have more of an effect than faires due to their ectoplasmic radiation :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So what is the ETA on these Washbergs, in terms of being able to order one, and how long they're supposed to take to build? And does anyone know if there will be stock models we can just order off the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')