Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
that mahogany on the left is VERRRRRYYYYYY nice but the walnut on that 7 is just as epic. picking one to order at the end of summer will be veryyyyy tough :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lirtle

Reaction score
ahhh I just want it with a blank board. It's a shame the prod. models will have the arched(?) inlays.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
New pics of the CL7 :drool:

Rest of the pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...26266550836.1073741836.364857230251074&type=3

943247_468526983217431_456155435_n.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That Masvidalien is just such a beautiful design. Such a cool concept in the body sandwiching.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Masvidalien close ups at last!
Just a note, that was the original prototype one in those photos. The actual production model has the inlays on it, a 3-way mini-toggle instead of the 5-way & the masvidal-tattoo pickguard.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Just a note, that was the original prototype one in those photos. The actual production model has the inlays on it, a 3-way mini-toggle instead of the 5-way & the masvidal-tattoo pickguard.

Thanks, hadn't noticed that. Though, I prefer blade switches to toggles. The prototype has a 3-way blade switch, just for correctness' sake.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Jesus. I just noticed the two bolts in the neck of the Masvidalien. I have zero evidence proving that's structurally unsound. It just looks sketchy to me. I want one anyways though. Haha.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Is it a pick guard or a vinly sticker? A pick guard would be cool, a vinyl decal not so much :lol:

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Thanks, hadn't noticed that. Though, I prefer blade switches to toggles. The prototype has a 3-way blade switch, just for correctness' sake.
Word! :yesway: I already ordered my Masvidalien regardless but definitely would have preferred the 5-way blade switch to the 3-way blade as you mentioned.

Is it a pick guard or a vinly sticker? A pick guard would be cool, a vinyl decal not so much :lol:
I think since they serve the same purpose (prevent body scratching) it is hard to differentiate the two much, but I do agree with you, a straight pickgaurd version would be awesome!

I have zero evidence proving that's structurally unsound. It just looks sketchy to me.
Well Ola initially told me that because of how the neck slides in & fits into the body, that two bolts were in theory just as strong as what the standard four bolts would be & that they alone would be secure enough to keep everything locked in place.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score

Usually designs with two bolts have another set under the pickup on a long / deep neck heel :2c: Now I need to go look up the pics of this :lol:

It is a pickguard. Ola has mentioned that it is removable.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think the prototype has just a decal, however, the spec sheet claims an etched pickguard and whatever is on the prototype didn't look or feel etched. And as we know from the CL7, specs can change(improve) from the prototype.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
So I don't know how regularly you guys check the AES website, I have it open at all times, but the timer hit zero and nothing has happened yet. I was looking forward to cool things.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So I don't know how regularly you guys check the AES website, I have it open at all times, but the timer hit zero and nothing has happened yet. I was looking forward to cool things.

Yeah, me too! I've been on pins and needles waiting for the music equivalent of the Second Coming. Bupkis!

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score

Ah, I see. I thought I was doing something wrong, or not clicking somewhere that was supposed to, but it seems that effectively nothing happens :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')