Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the third or fourth one that's gone up. It's definitely winning!

Interesting to see the two side-by-side..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm kind of annoyed, now, that I couldn't afford to get one of these. Would have matched my M2M really nicely.

Inceptic

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't koa supposed to be more orange/copper instead of yellow/olive brown?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Xtnu1xR.jpg

It can vary quite a bit, especially Koa lol. But these all look great, they have a great set of grain on them. Some have more figuring than others, but they all look sick IMO.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Xtnu1xR.jpg

It can vary quite a bit, especially Koa lol. But these all look great, they have a great set of grain on them. Some have more figuring than others, but they all look sick IMO.

I was not in the special group run, just a regular Boden order... hope that regular orders haven't been delayed due to the group run :mad:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm kind of annoyed, now, that I couldn't afford to get one of these. Would have matched my M2M really nicely.

Eh, the M2M koa selection seems so much better. So far not seeing one I'd take over yours or Plini's CS.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I was not in the special group run, just a regular Boden order... hope that regular orders haven't been delayed due to the group run :mad:

Did you order before the run was placed? They follow a standard queue process as far as I understand (with exceptions for artist guitars I would imagine, just like everybody else :lol:) so if you ordered before the run was submitted, you likely won't see a delay. If you were after the run went in, then yeah I would imagine you won't be seeing yours until after they clear out the big run queue worth of builds which were quoted at like 3 months I believe.

Eh, the M2M koa selection seems so much better. So far not seeing one I'd take over yours or Plini's CS.

I would hope so, Ola is only sourcing enough koa for a couple individual order guitars, not a couple dozen. :lol: I highly doubt the guy handling the wood order at Washburn painstakingly set aside all of their nicest koa for a single strandberg group run when they also have other CS guitars that use koa as well. :shrug:

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
I placed my order mid January... don't know when the group run began ;)

However no big deal, was kidding as I got my estimated shipping date for the 25th of May as many others... :hbang:

Hope it will come soon

Mine has a special feature, I asked directly to Ola... he accepted very kindly... oh it's no big deal, purely esthetic, however, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Casper777, what is this special feature you speak of?

Plini's was from Washburn, too.

Mine is trans black flame maple, with maple fretboard.... so I thought it would be cool to have the anodized blue bridge on it :)

I think it will be a nice original touch!! with the regular upcharge for it though...

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm reserving any judgement on mine until I get to see it in person next week.

There are some stellar tops coming through though.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Its says they don't anticipate any price increase but I thought moving the shop to Sweden would decrease the cost of buying in the EU and increase the price for the US buyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')