Strandberg Boden 8 vs. Skervesen Shoggie DC 8 vs. XEN

• Thread starter TheDandy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDandy

Reaction score
Thoroughly torn between these three for getting my headless multiscale 8 string fix. Any thoughts deciding between the three? Pros and cons of each? Personal experiences from people who have played any/all?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Poparad

Street Theorist
Reaction score
I have a Xen 9. I was at Summer NAMM in Nashville a couple weeks ago at the Xen booth and got to try out several others. They're all very solid instruments. Most of the ones there were the newer CNC made ones, which played even better than mine (which was hand built). Not only do the CNC ones play better, the cost is a little lower, too. Eric at Xen is really enthusiastic about making a guitar to your needs.

ArnoldHablewitz

Thrash4ever
Reaction score
Between those, I vote Strindberg, but I have to preface I have yet to play a single Skervesen. I have played a Xen before, and although it was good, the Strandberg is such a thoroughly incredible guitar. I'm going to eventually pick up a Boden OS because I thought it played even better than the Boden CS models I've played.

')