Strandberg Boden in Japan!

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
For comparison:

1495367_909423782435399_8033418004944995675_o.jpg

Lifestalker

Reaction score
The only put off to me is active pickup routes. Reasonably priced though. This creates some heavy competition with the Kiesel Vader.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm actually way more sad they're 707Xs, was hoping we'd get 57/66 or Laces :lol:

InfestedRabite

Reaction score
put in cart, added shipping etc

$2912 NZD, not even counting what customs will do to me (and at that price it will hurt bad)

=/

that's way too much money for a guitar that i would still have to replace the pickups and electronics to be satisfied with it eh

hoping for good used deals on them tbh

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Yea not having at least laces is a big turn off. I was really entertaining the idea of getting one of these but the EMGs are disappointing, also because it would have an unnecessary battery compartment and would need a ground hole drilled when I would want to swap them for passive pickups. Ugh.

MatthewK

Reaction score
I think they really missed the mark on the price. Help me, Kiesel Vader. You're my only hope.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
That's like I've said, WAY too high for what it is. IMO at least.

Also if anyone's still considering one, the 707X's are fantastic in Bodens and in the wood choice. They're actually super tight rhythm pickups and pull off sounds really well without sounding like they're super compressed.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/kenji20022/racecar-periphery-cover-strandberg-boden-7-demo[/SC]

That's a demo I did with the 707X's before I swapped them out for the 57/66 Set which is arguably better for cleans and lead playing but not as tight for rhythm playing. Actives shouldn't be a huge turn off for you guys, there's never been more options for soapbar spaced Active pickups before.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Yea the price isn't really too appealing either. Maybe we'll just have to wait for some reviews and some actual comparisons. But also like I said, its not the active routes, its the idea of taking a drill to my brand new guitar just because I don't prefer the pickups.

Haun

Reaction score
2.5k after customs in Denmark. Well, that settles it, I'm not getting one until they make them available in the EU for a more reasonable price. And all i want is a Boden 6. I'd happily pay the 1900, but after customs it's unbelievable.

rapterr15

Reaction score
I wonder why they decided to go with EMG's when the OS's sold in Japan have Lace pups? The price is also a bit higher than I was hoping for, as well. I'll get to try one out soon enough hopefully (if they're in stock when I'm in Tokyo in a week), and then I can come closer to a decision on Boden or Vader. I'll be back in the states in July, but if I'm gonna buy one of these, I'll go for one from Japan cause I'll take the Lace over the EMG's, thanks. Really curious to see what the base price is on the Vaders, as well.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Well I'm actually glad they went with the EMG-X and I can only hope they will do the same for the BODEN OS 6 so I don't have to put any money into it ;) Fingers crossed!!! I was worried when I saw how they install the bridges at that factory in Korea, but since the Strandberg hardware requires routing for the bridge it's done by a CNC so should be OK ;) Hope they really do the QC in the USA though...

shanerct

Reaction score
I'm GASing over this pretty hardcore. Always wanted one but could not justify the 3500+ price tag. The price of the OS is more within my budget. I have a friend going to NAMM who I'm hoping gives me a good report. If so, I'll order one.

')