.strandberg* Boden OS 8 playthrough video

Goldilox

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm a new member here and I'd like to share with you all some love about my beautiful new .strandberg Boden OS 8 guitar. I quickly shot this video right after I got the 'Strandy'. It's an original piece I'm still working on and hopefully will be finished in the coming week or so. It will be part of a project I'm working on which will feature some well-known prolific artists. I will reveal more about this in due time.

I will post some pictures of the .strandberg* Boden OS 8 guitar soon. Hope you'll enjoy the playthrough video! Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCzt9HPHBE&feature=youtu.be

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goldilox

Reaction score
Amazing work! Looking forward to hearing more of it.

Thanks, mate. I won't be too long now. I just finished recording the track last night. There's going to be some very interesting guest musicians on this track (and album!). I will keep you all posted of course. It's going to be quite 'djenty' but in general just lot of prog ;-)

Feel free to share the video as much as you like and spread the word. :)

Thanks for your interest. Cheers!

Goldilox

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, mate! Much appreciated. We're recording the drums for the entire song as we speak. I finished writing the song a few weeks ago. It'll act as a promo for the crowdfunding campaign we're going to start as soon as the song's released.

Omerandr

Reaction score
i'm currently thinking of buying a boden os 8 but there are some minor things i find really hard to decide without being able to hear live.
why did you choose to go with these pickups? (i assume these are lace pickups).
would you prefer the maple or rosewood fretboard on this guitar? i really like the dark color of the rosewood (and i'm extremely superficial, especially when it comes to guitars) but i think the brightness of the maple will be better for the low F# string.

Goldilox

Reaction score
i'm currently thinking of buying a boden os 8 but there are some minor things i find really hard to decide without being able to hear live.
why did you choose to go with these pickups? (i assume these are lace pickups).
would you prefer the maple or rosewood fretboard on this guitar? i really like the dark color of the rosewood (and i'm extremely superficial, especially when it comes to guitars) but i think the brightness of the maple will be better for the low F# string.

I chose to go with the Lace Aluma pickups because I'm not a fan of EMG pickups. Besides that I just really like the way the Lace Aluma pickups sound. The sound is tight, but also very transparant and defined. The string balance is very nice as well. Every string rings through very clearly. And they look good too! ;-)

I'm a big fan of maple boards as well, but like you I think aesthetically it looks a lot better with the rosewood fretboard.
Because of the clearity of the Lace Aluma pickups - the low strings (F# to B) stay well defined and won't suffer from a dull and 'dead' sound which made the rosewood fretboard the obvious choice for me personally.

I'm very much in love with my Boden OS 8 and I highly recommend the guitar to any serious musician wanting to explore the lower registers of extended range guitars and music in general. Hopefully someday I can afford a custom built Strandy, but until then I'm extremely happy with mine.

')