.strandberg* Guitars Production Line

• Thread starter JamesM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well by no means am I a Friedman rep ;) although I was the one you are referring, the only Friedman ties I have are that A) I play & own both a Friedman Naked & a Friedman Brown Eye, B) Am designing, building the new Friedman website as well as all the other sister/brother company sites C)The Friedman amp team are my buddies D) I have more experience with these amps than most folk out there :)

You may not be a rep but that is definitely a business relationship that should be noted in your signature

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is kind of weird but I wanted to throw this in the Strandberg thread here.

So...Ola shares his design blueprints I guess? Under his copyright/patent? So other companies like Aura guitars can produce Strandberg guitars of their own? I'm confused a bit.

What is this?

This is a comment made by the owner of the guitar:

"Thats not a real Strandberg though is it?"

"Real in what sense? It's a real guitar, designed by Ola Strandberg utilizing his hardware but built (with his permission) by another extremely talented luthier.
Real enough for me."

MrCloudyhead in reply to Rockyroopam 2 months ago

That's me. :)

Baco

Banned
Reaction score
The Boden8 is an amazing guitar! I had the pleasure of having one over for the weekend and it was hard to put it down, it plays so nicely! It makes playing 8 string guitars very easy, it's such a comfortable neck to play (it had the IPNP)! I loved the Endurneck too on #31, I'm very looking forward to having my personal Boden7 here. Truely amazing guitars, these .strandberg* guitars...

jvms

Reaction score
Hello guys. Do you know if there are any customizations avaliable, like stainless steel frets, different pickups, slanted pickups or a tremolo? I'd also like to make the 7 string scale 1/4 inch shorter (24.75 to 25.5) and maybe getting one of those "vulcanized" maple necks. Could they do it?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That would have to be a custom from Sweden. I don't think they offer any options at all on the Boden 7, except maybe a stain on the walnut.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Just found out Boden means shop, interesting choice...

Baco

Banned
Reaction score
I think it is actually named after a town in Sweeden, much like Varberg. But it is cool that it has a double meaning :)
-Brent

The .strandberg* guitars are indeed named after a town in Sweden, the translation is irrelevant i.e. not intentional

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
To any of you impatiently waiting for your .strandberg* or a production model: I made a video of my EGS copy using Ola's awesome hardware in which you can get a closer look at the system if you're interested in looking that up.

(Video 5 in my signature).

If you want more shots or something I can help out.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
To any of you impatiently waiting for your .strandberg* or a production model: I made a video of my EGS copy using Ola's awesome hardware in which you can get a closer look at the system if you're interested in looking that up.

(Video 5 in my signature).

If you want more shots or something I can help out.
Oh you know I've been checking out your axe:metal: So sweet dude, purr for days. Waiting patiently for the new Cloudyhead record to drop dude. Is 'Analog' available online anywhere anymore?
-Brent

Latest posts

')