.strandberg* Guitars Production Line

• Thread starter JamesM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
So about the guitar...

IT'S INCREDIBLE! I have a final paper to write tonight (don't drop out of college to join the Army kids, going at it again while working full time sucks!) and I went to see TSO last night so no decent pictures yet, but expect a full NGD this weekend. I am completely and utterly blown away with the build quality and the feel and tone. The Endurneck is superb, I don't think I will ever enjoy my other guitars the same way again.

veshly

Reaction score
Agh, that's so freakin' awesome to hear!

Mine got delayed by a week at customs, so I'm a little chapped. Your updates (and others) are helping with my anticipation anxiety.

JSanta

Reaction score
It will be worth the wait, trust me. I'm looking forward to seeing the NGDs this weekend :yesway:

dudeskin

Reaction score
Nice one dude!

I'll do proper NGD at weekend too.
Not had enough time with it either haha.

Customs had mine for 2 weeks damn it. Don't they understand.haha.

Reaction score
I missed delivery of my Boden and still have to pick the guitar up from Fed Ex. I don't have any time at all on my hands but I am hopefully picking it up later today...all I can think about is my lonely Boden :erk:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
whats the most beautiful strandberg youve ever seen?post a pic!

IMG_2379.jpg

But honestly...they're all indexed. If you want to see beautiful strandbergs, just go to his gallery.

mschob

Reaction score
So i have seen this a couple of times by now and I am gonna ask,

has anyone else noticed that the new batch of washburn produced Boden 8s are missing the small brown stripe in between the two maple pieces ?

Does anyone know why they are doing this ?

I liked it a lot !

(picture is from Ola's Facebook)

Attachments

• 10150745_778074032205228_758603742_n.jpg
    10150745_778074032205228_758603742_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 43

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
So i have seen this a couple of times by now and I am gonna ask,

has anyone else noticed that the new batch of washburn produced Boden 8s are missing the small brown stripe in between the two maple pieces ?

Does anyone know why they are doing this ?

I liked it a lot !

(picture is from Ola's Facebook)

I would guess it's probably be it's cheaper and easier to do it without the rosewood stripe. Also, since there are a bunch of them being stained, it may not be noticeably enough to be worth the trouble.

underthecurve

Reaction score
I would guess it's probably be it's cheaper and easier to do it without the rosewood stripe. Also, since there are a bunch of them being stained, it may not be noticeably enough to be worth the trouble.

You seem to be right, but as inconsequential as it sounds, if I thought I was getting a rosewood stripe and no stripe came, I'd be a little disappointed. If you compare the original promotional material from s7 bodens, http://strandbergguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Boden8.jpg, and Astrals new catalog http://strandbergguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AES_Strandberg_Catalog_2014.pdf, you'll notice that both boden 8s pictured have stripes, but in the description, stripes are only included on the older model.

mschob

Reaction score
I am having one on order right now...

I hardly found pictures of the Washburn produced Boden 8s and as I heard they needed some time to establish the quality Ola wanted, so this might be the first batch.

It does make me a little sad that they had to change that though.

sometimes its the little things...

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The 2013 Boden 8 mentions a center stripe, so they much have decide against it during the year. I didn't have an order with them, so I don't know, but maybe they sent an email to the 2013 orders saying it would no longer have the stripe?

Yeah, the first batch have just started to ship, I believe. Solid guitars. I played the Boden 8 they had at Messe, so I'll be ordering a Washberg sometime, hopefully soon, to join my Made to Measure.

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
You seem to be right, but as inconsequential as it sounds, if I thought I was getting a rosewood stripe and no stripe came, I'd be a little disappointed. If you compare the original promotional material from s7 bodens, http://strandbergguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Boden8.jpg, and Astrals new catalog http://strandbergguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AES_Strandberg_Catalog_2014.pdf, you'll notice that both boden 8s pictured have stripes, but in the description, stripes are only included on the older model.

The pictures are misleading, as they re-used the same body pic for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 catalog.
As pointed out, the 2013 catalog clearly states the stripe while the 2014 catalog doesn't.

I've a 2013 Boden8 on order, so it should have the stripe, but - come to think of it - the photo of an example body Paul sent me did not have that stripe, so I can only wonder.
OTOH, I care more about when I'll finally get the guitar (date after date lapsed) and how the stain I chose will turn out...

Latest posts

')