.strandberg* Guitars Production Line

• Thread starter JamesM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Defrost

Reaction score
@Baco: thanks for explaning. I'm really intrigued by the Endurneck, I'm just not shure if my thumb follows the path of the flat surface while moving up and down the board. I guess I've got to do some research of my own playing first. I might just drop by when you have those Bodens in, Belgium is nearby!

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Just picked mine up from the fedex shop, but no time to plug and play. Pretty damn excite! It needs a bit of oil for the neck and a nice polish on the top, but other than that i havnt seen anything attention grabbing. Thorough review and NGD coming this weekend :)

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
^well here goes. I got a chance to plug in before I go back to work for the next two days, so here are my quick assessment thoughts.

Guitar came in tune and perfectly set up with great action. The neck was the same as my EBMM Petrucci with the rosewood neck, very nicely done but when rosewood is dry it's a bit rough, so I lemon oiled it up and problem solved. The oiled finish is a bit...I dunno...runny on the lower horn and around the *strandberg logo, but I'm not concerned with that (you guys know me, form and function before asthetics). I'm not surprised though since S7 is known for a mean high gloss clear and not their oil finishes, plus I'm a bit spoiled on the finish on my Rico (flamesuit on) as far as oil finishes go.

The only other thing worth mentioning right now, and this is possibly a big one, is that the pickup routes arent big enough to lower the Lace pups all the way into the body if you'd want. I back my pups off a good bit in search of the right height as soon as I dig in, and the routes will only allow for so much recession. Lucky for me, the "in as far as possible" position on these is absoloutly perfect for the tone I'm looking for, responsive without being too hi-fi. Which brings me to my next point: the Lace X-bars. LOVE the neck pickup, not so sure on the bridge yet. It's good, but a bit airy for me, and I'm not sure it has anything to do with the positioning. Funny enough, if I decide to drop another set of pickups in there, at least I know it'll fit passives pretty well :lol:

Overall, very excited to dig in on Sunday with a proper personal set up and tone tweaking session. And since I know no psudo-NGD post is of anyworth without at least a shitty cell phone pic:

579023_979351644788_545729482_n.jpg

underthecurve

Reaction score
Thanks for the NGD lite. Barring the east coast washing away, mine should be here Tuesday, so i'll take whatever strandberg content I can get. I was curious about the neck oil b/c it looked a little dry on the Guitar Candy Boden. In my limited experience, oil finishes are finicky as far as drying time, # of coats.... The matte looks okay, but I agree it could use a little buffing to make it pop.
cool. cool. cool.

ola_strandberg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm very happy to see the first Bodens reaching their owners!

It's been a labor of love getting the production line set up - a process that started over breakfast at this year's NAMM show in Anaheim. From idea to first shipment in 10 months is not so bad after all. I hope it's been worth the wait for you all. You can read a little about it at Strandberg Guitarworks » Blog Archive » Stock Model Production

Some things you should know about the production line: these babies are made 100% to my original specifications. They are made entirely by S7, but I have spent considerable time over three visits there and introduced these models into manufacturing and done the tweaks until they come out perfect. The _only_ reason that they come at a lower cost than the full custom builds done in Sweden is that they are done many at a time. It is purely a matter of the "economy of scale". S7 can buy larger lots of materials at a lower cost and cut labor time by doing the same operation many times and minimize the setup time for each operation. The quality is the same but the cost is lower.

This means that customizations are kept to a minimum. S7 will introduce options later, but I have asked that they keep it close to base specs for the time being to ensure that we can keep the cost and quality under control.

Your feedback will be taken gladly, so please feel free to get in touch with me directly if you have concerns - before a thread like this turns into flames...

What makes it worth it all in the end is hearing my "my" guitars on your recordings and seeing them live when you go on stage!

Rock on,
Ola

dudeskin

Reaction score
wow, ola is on here himself. coool.

no way in hell am i going to be disappointed with anything on mine when it comes.
its the only guitar that ive ever really properly wanted, everything else on the market doesnt catch my eye. but this thing is gonna live with me till i die im sure.

so ola, i thank you for getting together with a great bunch of guys and making this guitar reachable for someone like myself.

p.s, my back also thanks you, this thing is lighter than what i had for lunch haha

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I ran into Paul DeMaio from S7G at a club last night (catching Intervals play with Your Memorial and The Contortionist) and he had his prototype Boden 8 with him. Beautiful instrument, and very well made.

The super-asymmetrical IPNP felt just as weird as it did when i played Tosin's Strandberg that first used that profile. It worked amazingly well for me in certain positions, but felt awkward in others. But the beauty of the IPNP is that it can be tweaked to match a player's own technique and hand positioning. Really cool concept.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Hey Ola, if you're reading this, I just wanted to say I hope you didn't take something I said as a knock against the instrument. I was in a hell of a hurry to get back to work on Friday (picked this up at lunch and broke speeding laws on the way home) and only mentioned the few curiosities I noticed about it and somehow neglected to give it any proper love. The FIRST thing I noticed was the obvious beauty, the second was how silly light it was, the third was how bummed i was to have to go back to work haha. I'm doing a personal setup as I type, and it's shaping up to be impeccable. It's unfair to have to compare other guitars to the Boden, but I'm gonna :lol: Thanks again for putting out your design at an affordable and accessible medium!

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm very happy to see the first Bodens reaching their owners!

It's been a labor of love getting the production line set up - a process that started over breakfast at this year's NAMM show in Anaheim. From idea to first shipment in 10 months is not so bad after all. I hope it's been worth the wait for you all. You can read a little about it at Strandberg Guitarworks » Blog Archive » Stock Model Production

Some things you should know about the production line: these babies are made 100% to my original specifications. They are made entirely by S7, but I have spent considerable time over three visits there and introduced these models into manufacturing and done the tweaks until they come out perfect. The _only_ reason that they come at a lower cost than the full custom builds done in Sweden is that they are done many at a time. It is purely a matter of the "economy of scale". S7 can buy larger lots of materials at a lower cost and cut labor time by doing the same operation many times and minimize the setup time for each operation. The quality is the same but the cost is lower.

This means that customizations are kept to a minimum. S7 will introduce options later, but I have asked that they keep it close to base specs for the time being to ensure that we can keep the cost and quality under control.

Your feedback will be taken gladly, so please feel free to get in touch with me directly if you have concerns - before a thread like this turns into flames...

What makes it worth it all in the end is hearing my "my" guitars on your recordings and seeing them live when you go on stage!

Rock on,
Ola

Woohoo! Thank you, Ola! :metal:

')