.strandberg* Singularity announced, full specs + $1250 price tag

Simic

Reaction score
Are these models going to have a real endurneck or something a bit different?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
At this price point if it still has the endurneck and strandberg hardware it's a pretty good deal. Can we negotiate the swirl color ? :D

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
These are priced pretty accordingly :scratch:

Any Korean LTD's are about 1000-1100 dollars. Just the special neck and body design are worth the little extra on top IMO.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I love it!! Have to love being Australian as with the horrible exchange rate not to mention shipping/importation this would get crazy expensive quick. Consider me saved again on another awesome guitar :lol:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Are these models going to have a real endurneck or something a bit different?

This guitar has an EndurNeck. It's a slightly different carve, in that it's thinner, as Per requested. I played his prototype and assuming it's the same neck carve, it worked just as well as every other EndurNeck I've played.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
For their prices you can get a fully loaded Carvin or something. Their prices are ridiculous. That said, I give them kudos for getting idiots to fork over so much cash (myself included).

I looked all over Carvin's site for a headless guitar with an enduraneck. You got a link?

Any chance you could break down what would be a reasonable price for this guitar? Include the build costs and the profit that would be made by the company if you could as you obviously know what it takes to make these.

big_aug

Reaction score
I looked all over Carvin's site for a headless guitar with an enduraneck. You got a link?

Any chance you could break down what would be a reasonable price for this guitar? Include the build costs and the profit that would be made by the company if you could as you obviously know what it takes to make these.

We can disagree. Its fine. There are Korean made guitars by Schecter and ESP that have great specs, pickups, etc. They're about $1000-1250. Some with SS frets and such and they're still in that range.

The endurneck and headless are just preference specs. They aren't something I view as worthwhile for the upcharge. The neck carve is just the neck carve like any other guitar. It has a fancy name, but its still just the neck carve.

You may value those things. I don't. I was taken in by them at first which is why I bought a brand new one. I rarely feel that I've overpayed or been ripped off. That's how I felt. Nice guitars I'd they were in the $1250-$1500 range.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
We can disagree. Its fine. There are Korean made guitars by Schecter and ESP that have great specs, pickups, etc. They're about $1000-1250. Some with SS frets and such and they're still in that range.

The endurneck and headless are just preference specs. They aren't something I view as worthwhile for the upcharge. The neck carve is just the neck carve like any other guitar. It has a fancy name, but its still just the neck carve.

You may value those things. I don't. I was taken in by them at first which is why I bought a brand new one. I rarely feel that I've overpayed or been ripped off. That's how I felt. Nice guitars I'd they were in the $1250-$1500 range.

So what you're saying is, you're not the target audience for this guitar?

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score

Its good that you do not value them, but thats also your opinion, which is very much a minority one. Many, many MANY people disagree with you. I offered the enduraneck as an option to my customers on custom guitars and oddly all of my licenses got sold in exceptionally fast time. Its a licensed neck carve that is made to be incredibly ergonomic. For someone like me with severe nerve issues in both of my arms, carves like this help alleviate the pain during playing. There are testimonies all over the net about that too. Thats worth gold, not a dollar figure. From a business perspective, it is, in fact, not "just a neck carve", but instead is a very prominent exclusive selling feature of a guitar. Business economics - offer a product nobody else is that everyone wants.

Ive owned a Washburn strandy. If they had fixed the issues on that guitar, it would easily be worth what I paid (2k+). Thats coming from the perspective of a luthier of about 14 years btw.

You're aware ESP/Schecter also moves somewhere in the 100x - 200x more product and you know how they can get their prices like that? Bulk purchases of hardware such as tuners, bridges and pickups. they also do not use hardware that costs pver 10 times as much and is exclusively sourced. Headless hardware has always been far more complicated and far more expensive. ESP is a giant fish and Strandy is a tiny minnow in comparison.

You dont think something that someone spent years designing, prototyping and eventually bringing to a salivating market is worth an upcharge? You sound extremely entitled much like complainers on here that scream about not being able to afford nice things is the fault of the company that built said nice things.

You have yet to justify the price with your empty bleating aside from saying "it wasnt worth it to me."

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You've said your piece and made your point repeatedly. Enough.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, but I guess the price is decent for the specs.

Don't get the specs though if they want to sell it to an audience at all.
If they can make that for 1250, they can make a classy all black version (no pickguard) with fan for the same kind of money that would sell like cake.

Very cool True Temperament option, but not sure if someone wants to shell out 2K on a MIC guitar to just have the TT option.

BUT, I like where Ola's head is, trying to cater to us all. Gotta love the effort :agreed:

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
says on the page:
Manufacturer: Yako Musical Instruments, Co Ltd, China*
* = True Temperament™ neck manufactured in Sweden
Options: Swirl, Solid Red

')