.strandberg* Singularity announced, full specs + $1250 price tag

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The swirl looked really good to me, especially considering the price point and origin of manufacture. Excuse the fingerprints as it had been handled all day by random peoples.

MY9Z169.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
12790851_10154626462329616_85965196851769922_n.jpg

P
The first batch of .strandberg* Singularities have been properly swirled and they look UNREAL. Due to the nature of the swirling process, no two guitars will look the same - they'll all be special little snowflakes of awesomeness smile emoticon

ovlott

Reaction score
I skimmed to the end of this thread so forgive me if I missed anything, but when I saw the video and ola said it started at $1250 I legit had to rewind to make sure I heard that right lol.

If it's MIK by WMI (again didn't read the whole thread) then I think this is a hell of a deal and I would trust the quality. Might be the cheapest way to get an endurneck out there I think, regardless where its made.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's MiC. The hardware is still made in Sweden and if you get a TT model, the neck will be made in Sweden as well.

rapterr15

Reaction score
It's MiC. The hardware is still made in Sweden and if you get a TT model, the neck will be made in Sweden as well.

I'm fairly sure I read on the Strandberg Facebook page that for the TT models, the only work being done in Sweden will be insertion of the frets into the slots and the ensuing fretwork. The necks will still be made and the fretboards will be be slotted (if that's the correct term) in China. Ola said that was the only way to keep the prices down.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I wanna get one of these, but probably won't. If it were an 8, I totally would. But I seriously need to curb my habit.

But, this TT option has my interest. Anyone played one? I almost want to buy one just for that feature, cuz no way you're going to find a 7+ string with TT for cheaper.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I really am interested in one, but the MADE IN CHINA factor is killing me here. Ola is pulling a typical Business-101 move here by cutting production costs as much as possible in order to maximize profit while maintaining the high prices due to all the overhyping. (Let's not forget, he pulled all licensing for his designs. So if you want a Strandberg, you have to buy one used or GO TO Strandberg.) Don't get me wrong, I have an older Strandberg and I love it. It's been my main axe since I got it. But would I pay the price again for a guitar that THIS TIME is made in Korea or China?... No.

I bet if Ola didn't have to openly declare that the guitars are made in China, he probably would be trying to maintain that $2K+ price tag that the other Strandberg models have got. Right now, I'm counting down to see if he will ever move OS production from Korea to China.

Also, to clear something up...
I'm fairly sure I read on the Strandberg Facebook page that for the TT models, the only work being done in Sweden will be insertion of the frets into the slots and the ensuing fretwork. The necks will still be made and the fretboards will be be slotted (if that's the correct term) in China. Ola said that was the only way to keep the prices down.
^ This is wrong. They would be sending the necks from China to Sweden and back to China.

^ This is correct. Everything about the normal model (with the exception of the hardware) will be made in China. The True Temperament neck will be made in Sweden since True Temperament is the only company that can pull off their own designs accurately.

Also, these Chinese-made "Strandberg pickups" sound like crap in every clip that I have seen/heard of Per playing his new Singularity. I guess no EMGs or Dimarzios. Shame since I was hoping the actual mass produced Singularity would be closer to Per's original.
1047975_576464079090387_2106407623_o.jpg

A simple pickup swap would be no problem though - especially since EMG is mass producing red pickups now. EMG Pickups / Electric Guitar Pickups, Bass Guitar Pickups, Acoustic Guitar Pickups (So no one has to track down a Gary Holt signature Schecter/ESP or a Glenn Tipton signature ESP just to rip the red EMG pickups out of it anymore.)

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I really am interested in one, but the MADE IN CHINA factor is killing me here. Ola is pulling a typical Business-101 move here by cutting production costs as much as possible in order to maximize profit while maintaining the high prices due to all the overhyping. (Let's not forget, he pulled all licensing for his designs. So if you want a Strandberg, you have to buy one used or GO TO Strandberg.) Don't get me wrong, I have an older Strandberg and I love it. It's been my main axe since I got it. But would I pay the price again for a guitar that THIS TIME is made in Korea or China?... No.

I bet if Ola didn't have to openly declare that the guitars are made in China, he probably would be trying to maintain that $2K+ price tag that the other Strandberg models have got. Right now, I'm counting down to see if he will ever move OS production from Korea to China.

There's a reason it's called a business 101 move - it's a good idea. He's getting his product and brand into people's hands that normally couldn't afford it and adding another model into the 2k range is just going to hurt sales on the OS side. I already know the costs of milling and annodizing hardware and since he's not farming it out, the costs on that alone are going to be high. Swirling the body is also kinda time consuming which again adds to the cost. I still think for 1250 you're getting a lot of guitar. Whether its built well is a different story, but aside from a sample at NAMM, I havent really read much about people having played them.

Not openly declaring the manufacturing origin of a product usually has a lot of issues with international shipping where about 99.99% of custom forms have "country of manufacture/country of origin" on it. Passing judgement on Ola saying "he would do this if he could" is ridiculous. You're openly saying he'd willingly deceive people to make money. That's a stretch. Come on man.

The licensing thing i still think sucks.

Last edited:

Jmk338

Reaction score
Not at a bad deal when you line it up to something like an iron label. Similar price range, Korea/indo/China build, and premium parts/features. Then you add in the fact that it's a strandberg, with strandberg parts and it sounds like a good deal

Jmk338

Reaction score
Not at a bad deal when you line it up to something like an iron label. Similar price range, Korea/indo/China build, and premium parts/features. Then you add in the fact that it's a strandberg, with strandberg parts and it sounds like a good deal

Slaeyer

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a picture of the solid red singularity? Was just googling it and didn't find a single picture of it...

')