Strange Voltron countdown

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
What the pho?

Your school sold hot chips?
Yep. We had a snack counter, and they sold Cain's Hot Chips. Those were the best, but they don't make them anymore.

This was around... 1984, 85, something like that? I was in 4th grade or so when Voltron was on TV, I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
David said:
yeah, we have hot food according to the Dietary Guidelines For Americans... which consists of greasy pizza, fatty 1/2 cooked salty fries, nasty ass burgers/chicken burgers, and WHITE rice with teryaki chicken NUGGETS.

I go by the Harvard ones.
lol i hope you didn't emphasize the whiteness of the rice out of disdain. being the asian that I am, I can't let such an insult go unpunished...

[action=maskofduality]unsheaths his kunai[/action]

j/k about the insults and kunais lol.

and I haven't seen an episode of the original voltron show ever. i'm slightly interested

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Slightly OT but anyone see the preview for thatnew show coming out on discovery health channel or is it tlc? anyway the show is called "honey were killing the kids"

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
David said:
yeah, we have hot food according to the Dietary Guidelines For Americans... which consists of greasy pizza, fatty 1/2 cooked salty fries, nasty ass burgers/chicken burgers, and WHITE rice with teryaki chicken NUGGETS.

I go by the Harvard ones.

lol that is EXACTLY our menu.

We have a sub line though...they cost like 3 dollars however.

They also used to give us these shrimp poppers, damn those were the bomb.

.jason. said:
Slightly OT but anyone see the preview for thatnew show coming out on discovery health channel or is it tlc? anyway the show is called "honey were killing the kids"

Hmm sounds interesting.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
maskofduality said:
lol i hope you didn't emphasize the whiteness of the rice out of disdain. being the asian that I am, I can't let such an insult go unpunished...

[action=maskofduality]unsheaths his kunai[/action]

j/k about the insults and kunais lol.

and I haven't seen an episode of the original voltron show ever. i'm slightly interested
haha, well... white rice is basically eating a candy bar. It's all carbs, no nutritional value. I'd be happy with some whole grain brown rice.:)

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
lol brown rice is nice. when ever my mom gets control of what my dad cooks i know for a fact that we're gonna have brown rice for dinner. it's nice stuff but is a little harder to chew. idk if it has any more nutritional value other than the fiber (it's a big difference though... )

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
well brown rice is healthier because it doesnt have bleach and proccesed flour in it.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
there are only two shows on tv that ever really encapsulated me: the spiderman cartoons, and Northern Exposure. i can't say i've watched more than three or four hours of tv since october, and two of those were definitely me watching Curling on the CBC :D

peterchau

Heavy Metal Pirate
Reaction score
only Justice league for me. i refuse to watch modern cartoons other than that. Anyone see Daddy Phantom? that show blows

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
.jason. said:
haha cartoons are dumb.. unless its ATHF Family Guy or maybe the simpsons..

:fawk:

You sir, need more culture. :D

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
peterchau said:
only Justice league for me. i refuse to watch modern cartoons other than that. Anyone see Daddy Phantom? that show blows

hmm I kinda like that show. It's good filler right before Catsccratch comes on.

Fairly Odd Parents is better however.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
.jason. said:
well brown rice is healthier because it doesnt have bleach and proccesed flour in it.
That, and the fac that:
"What Are Complex Carbohydrates?

U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop in his 1988 Report on Nutrition and Health recommended reduction in four areas (fats and cholesterol, weight, sodium and alcohol). Only one area received a positive recommendation from the Surgeon General - "complex carbohydrates and fiber." The report says: "Increase consumption of whole grain foods and cereal products, vegetables (including dried beans and peas), and fruits."

I just pulled that off the web... because I'mr eally too lazy to explain it all.

http://www.hoptechno.com/book6.htm

Brown rice is whole grain, and a complex carbohydrate.:hbang:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I wish I had a digital camera, I would take a picture of our school food and see what you guys think of it.

peterchau

Heavy Metal Pirate
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
hmm I kinda like that show. It's good filler right before Catsccratch comes on.

Fairly Odd Parents is better however.

i dont like Catscratch. i reminds me too much of the drawing off catdog.
Fairly Odd Parents is ok but not better than JLU. JLU has wonderwoman,batman,superman, and the flash. I heard it got cancelled though

')