Strangest Instrument in a metal song?

• Thread starter Diet Kirk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
I just had pop into my head a breakdown from the song of a band who's name fails me that included a xylophone.

What are the strangest instruments you have ever heard incorporated into a metal song?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Nile probably wins this one.

But, saxophone:

jay moth

Reaction score
Ozark harp.

Skip to 2:05 for some solo action.

And of course, true black metal banjo:

3:17 onwards.

wankerness

Reaction score
That banjo thing is awesome. Saxophone gets used on zillions of rock songs and a fair amount of metal (besides the aforementioned, Shining uses it a lot, I remember Amorphis and some other bands like that have used it here and there) so I don't find that weird. Here's another Taake song which I think might top the banjo, I don't even know what you call this instrument, so I'll just say it's called the BOINNGGGGGG!

Skip to 3:00.

Korn ruined the bagpipes, I think.

teamSKDM

Reaction score

that australian instrument, the didgeridoo? in the beginning. at least im pretty sure it is?

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I've been noticing an awful lot of jaw harp in black metal. I'll have to check later, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing it in Taake, Solefald and maybe Deathspell Omega.

')