Strictly 7 + 1 Claro Walnut Build

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
Put my order in a few weeks ago, and I'm super pumped for this to be finished!! Should be done within the next 5-6 weeks.

Here are the specs :

8 string Cobra
27.5" scale
26 SS Jumbo frets
16" FB radius
5 piece Mahogany/Flamed Maple Neck (Stained a darker brown & oiled)
Wenge Fingerboard
Mahogany body (Stained a darker brown to match the neck)
Claro Walnut Top (Oil finished and only sealer coat/no gloss)
Claro Walnut Matching Headstock Cap
Hipshot Hardtail Bridge (black)
(2) EMG 808x Pickups
Sperzel Locking Tuners (black)
1 Volume & 3-way blade switch

Here are two pics of the body after routing and some naphtha. Sooo pumped to see the neck!!

:hbang:

claro8copy.jpg

mahogbacktoclaro1copy.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daken1134

Reaction score
thats a gorgeous guitar man, really classy RG-esque look. and ive always been a big fan of wenge

superstarssjc

Reaction score
Dag Joe! I know i have seen this before but i love the Claro Walnut. Are they going to round off the neck heel? a bit square....You know your going to have to let me play it...and I will def return the favor and let you check out the 8 im building. Should be close to finished next week. your a lucky man duder

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
Dag Joe! I know i have seen this before but i love the Claro Walnut. Are they going to round off the neck heel? a bit square....You know your going to have to let me play it...and I will def return the favor and let you check out the 8 im building. Should be close to finished next week. your a lucky man duder

Yo dude, yeah I'm gonna talk to Jim tomorrow about the heel. You can definitely play it when it arrives man. Pumped to see your 8 string finished as well mang. :hbang:

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
PIC UPDATE!!!

Hopefully be able to get some body pics within the next week or so. :metal:

5 piece neck (3 piece Mahogany / 2 piece Flame Maple)

IMG00378.jpg

IMG00377.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love how that little strip of flame shows through. Very classy. :yesway:

chaosxcomplex

Reaction score
Awesome!! I'm gonna be commission Jim to build me a 7 in about a month. Did you happen to speak with him about the neck heel? I'm not worried about it, I rarely go anywhere up in that register, but I'm just curious if you mentioned it, and what he said about it...

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
Awesome!! I'm gonna be commission Jim to build me a 7 in about a month. Did you happen to speak with him about the neck heel? I'm not worried about it, I rarely go anywhere up in that register, but I'm just curious if you mentioned it, and what he said about it...

Yep, he said he's gonna round it off for me so it isn't square, but his upper fret access is already amazing so it'll be sick. :hbang:

I definitely cannot say enough good things about Jim and Strictly 7, so definitely order your 7 from him!

Reaction score
Trust me, man. As somebody who is holding the very first Strictly 7 Anaconda 8 string in my hands at this very moment, I can't even begin to put into words how awesome Jim's guitars are. I'm working with him now to get another so I can alternate them for live shows and to get this Anaconda repainted. I don't think I could relegate one to permanent backup duty haha. Your guitar looks fucking sick!

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
Trust me, man. As somebody who is holding the very first Strictly 7 Anaconda 8 string in my hands at this very moment, I can't even begin to put into words how awesome Jim's guitars are. I'm working with him now to get another so I can alternate them for live shows and to get this Anaconda repainted. I don't think I could relegate one to permanent backup duty haha. Your guitar looks fucking sick!

Haha sick man. Thanks for the kind words. As of right now I have a Aglie Intrepid 828RN Charcoal as my back up until I can order another Strictly 7+1....but that one will most have an option that I can't quite speak of at the moment since Jim needs to prototype it first. :hbang:

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
All the wiring is done. Just waiting on the neck to be completed along with the fret slots being cut and final assembly. :hbang:

Switch tip will be an Ibanez style switch tip...not the Tele one shown :lol:

Taking a drive up the weekend of October 15th to pick this up so expect even more pic updates and possibly a video! :metal:

l_0bbe1dc9ab724529b1f59187492d6cec.jpg

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Damn that looks good. So simple, but incredibly awesome. Can't wait to hear how it sounds (you're posting soundclips, right?).

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
Damn that looks good. So simple, but incredibly awesome. Can't wait to hear how it sounds (you're posting soundclips, right?).

Thanks man! Yeah I will when I get the chance...waiting on some new quality gear so it may be awhile until I can do a legit soundclip, but I'll do a video or something before that. :yesway:

JoeGuitar717

Balaguer Guitars
Reaction score
UPDATE!!

Gonna go with Ziricote for the fingerboard instead of Wenge.

It's the board at the bottom in the this pic.

-1.jpg

')