Strictly 7 customers/owners...?

• Thread starter TheAbortionMachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
I got mine used and it should arrive tomorrow. I emailed Paul and asked some questions about refinishes and what not. He emailed me back the same night and said if I felt like the guitar needed refinished (it being used and all for scratches and such) that S7G would refinish it in the same stain or any solid color, body headstock (and neck if I chose) with a fret job and full setup for $250 and certify that the finish was done by them for resale value. Now that sounds like a solid company right there to me. A fret job and setup could cost as much as $175 - $200 from some techs. A setup at GC is $90 in itself. lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
their follow through on their word is terrible. Ive been waiting two weeks now for a copy of my invoice. spoke to both Jim and Paul about it. something so simple and cant even get that done. how about the constant post of "update will be out today" then it doesn't get sent out for a week later almost every time constantly.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
They were really quick to answer all my questions as well but I was on the fence about the plain esthetics of their Cobra, no carves & the neck profiles. While I was deciding, I talked to a few owners, then went another direction with another builder. A month or so later I got an email about ordering a Boden 8, I was specing a Cobra, I let it dye.

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
I did not end up buying from Strictly 7, but they were quick to answer emails. They were polite, and the guy I was dealing with through email (i think it was Paul), really was patient with me as I had a lot of questions. In the end of the day, I decided on PRS as I didn't want to wait that long.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
Ive had good and bad experiences with them.i feel like my guitar was just thrown together quickly and didn't get a final inspection before giving it to me. im actually going to the shop today to get a couple imperfections fixed. i would post the pics of the imperfections but i dont want to bash them cause jim is a good dude. if the imperfections cant be fixed thats a different story and i will get my money back. and maybe there will be some pics. but the only reason i havent posted a NGD is because of these imperfections.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Mine arrived this morning. I gotta be honest, I'm loving this thing. The neck shape felt weird at first because it's kind of a D shape, flat on the back but the bass side is ever so slightly thicker than the treble side. After a few minutes it was effortless. It's the only neck I've played in a long time that didn't make my hand hurt doing big chords. The whole guitar gets a plus in my book.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Mine arrived this morning. I gotta be honest, I'm loving this thing. The neck shape felt weird at first because it's kind of a D shape, flat on the back but the bass side is ever so slightly thicker than the treble side. After a few minutes it was effortless. It's the only neck I've played in a long time that didn't make my hand hurt doing big chords. The whole guitar gets a plus in my book.

slightly misleading, should have noted you bought your axe second hand and didn't have direct involvement with the company and build

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
I don't see how that's misleading at all, considering the name of the thread is Strictly 7 customers/OWNERS. Considering I'm an owner, and stated in my last post before it arrived today I got this used... I didn't mislead anyone at all.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
And the questions asked by the author pertained strictly to customers/OWNERS who have orders in with the company currently or own Guitars which they purchased directly from s7

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
And I thought it was worth mentioning to people that I've had contact with Paul from S7 and he was super helpful in the fact that I bought my S7 used and gave me a lot of info on the options that were available to me with the guitar. They are willing to refinish their guitars at any point. That's some pretty important information for ANY S7 owner new, used, production or custom don't you think? I can attest to the communication and speed of that communication. Which was a topic in this discussion not only by the op but by other posters as well. So I think I was pretty well on target. Obviously you didn't read my earlier post where I specifically stated I got mine used and my communication with the company. I had a positive experience to share with the op about the company. I think that's relevant here, since others shared their experience or lack of and tried to steer him toward Carvin. I like the company, I like how they were cool with the fact I bought my guitar second hand and are willing to work on it for a fair price and that's something the op should know in his consideration.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
I'm just about to place an order with S7, and that thread really irritated me.
Now I'm not that sure anymore, if I'd like them to build my custom, as I'm really not into waiting more than the 4-5 months (2 weeks ago Paul said it would take that long...)

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
Now I'm not that sure anymore, if I'd like them to build my custom, as I'm really not into waiting more than the 4-5 months (2 weeks ago Paul said it would take that long...)

Just dont get your hopes up. thats all i have to say

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score

How much are you planning to spend, if you don't mind me asking?

There are honestly some amazing builders and production models that may be in your price range. With a sketchy reputation, I wouldn't order form S7 until I head some total praise.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Sketchy reputation? Where do you get sketchy? It's a growing company. Bernice Rico Jr has the same problems while still being held in pretty high regard without being called sketchy.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Well for most people Max. lol I consider Michael T's situation with BRJ sketchy. Dude was supposed to have his guitar LAST October, which was pushed back a few months then. Still hasn't recieved it. That's sketchy. But still, because quoted times run over and they have a hard time keeping up with updates isn't sketchy when they are reportedly adding people to aid in production. I would rather them be working on a guitar than emailing me, same for other peoples guitars. If they are taking time to photograph my guitar someone else's isn't getting worked on. A quoted build time is just that. A quote. How many times have you been quoted a premium on insurance and then it changes on you or goes up? Things happen and times get pushed back. See what I'm sayin?

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
Well for most people Max. lol I consider Michael T's situation with BRJ sketchy. Dude was supposed to have his guitar LAST October, which was pushed back a few months then. Still hasn't recieved it. That's sketchy. But still, because quoted times run over and they have a hard time keeping up with updates isn't sketchy when they are reportedly adding people to aid in production. I would rather them be working on a guitar than emailing me, same for other peoples guitars. If they are taking time to photograph my guitar someone else's isn't getting worked on. A quoted build time is just that. A quote. How many times have you been quoted a premium on insurance and then it changes on you or goes up? Things happen and times get pushed back. See what I'm sayin?

Trust me man. Do a little more research on BRJ. His "sketchiness" predates his company and gos back to the days he worked for his father at B.C. Rich. Honestly with the crap be pulled back then, Im simply amazed he 1. Even got a new company off the ground and 2. Has managed to NOT completely run it into the dirt yet. The information is out there. You simply need to want to find it. And it really needs not be mentioned on this forum and bring even more attention to the guy. Long story short he has a history of lying about things and not making good on promises. Basically the very definition of sketchy. As far as your experience with S7G it doesnt surprise me that he gave you good customer service. He was trying to gain your business. But order a guitar from him. And when it doesnt meet the deadline see how much of that good customer service is provided after he has your money.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score

Ha...ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol: Wow...just Wow.

There is a 2000 post thread about how sketchy Bernie is. Holloway got a 3-4 grand guitar where the top wasn't fuckin' glued on correctly. ELQ got a really sketchy guitar: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/201175-rico-returns.html

He did add people to the company...that promptly failed to meet their promises. Seriously, the BRJ BFR thread is a must read.

')