Strictly 7 customers/owners...?

• Thread starter TheAbortionMachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Ok, I made my point very vague there. lmao Some people still hold BRJ in high regard despite his sketchiness. Trust me, Michael T is a good friend in person, not just on here so I know the deal with that. It just seems like after reading all of these threads (BRJ, Roter, Sherman) people would do more research on things. If you like the quality of an instrument you will have the patience to wait for it even if it takes longer than expected, but you also have to know when to call it and get your cash back, especially from a US Manufacturer cuz, well you have stuff to protect your money here in the states. But, I'm also an impatient bastard so I empathize with you all. :D I plan on ordering a custom from S7 so we will see how that goes I guess. But I can kind of see it from S7's side as well trying to keep up is what makes or breaks a business and it's all in how you handle that and there are going to be hiccups in the road.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
BUT, they need to quote deadlines they can hit with production being behind and being understaffed and if they aren't being up front on the phone or in emails, that will definitely break their growth.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
This is sad that this has turned into a S7 and BRJ bashing thread. My S7 only took a few months longer than quoted. Was I upset? No. I've had a guitar that I've waited 3+ years to receive (I won't mention who) before when I was only quoted a few months. That was when I was upset.

I'm completely happy with my guitar. Jim and the guys have shown me the best customer service from any guitar company that I've had contact with. And I've owned a LOT of guitars and contacted a lot of companies.

I wouldn't order form S7 until I head some total praise.

Are you just skipping through this thread and only reading the negative? There are positive reviews in this thread, and many other threads giving positive feedback about S7. Mine being one of them.

tl;dr - Don't turn this into a hate thread. I'm EXTREMELY happy with my instruments and have absolutely no complaints about the company. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Of course I'm not just reading the bad stuff, plenty of people have had a good experience with the company. However, in a market that has tons of good options, why take one that people have had issues with.

If I was going to get a Strictly 7, I would wait until I no longer hear bad things. However, it's your money to gamble on. That's just my :2c:.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Regarding Strictly 7, It seems like their reputation and thus their growth has out-paced their staffing and capacity. I have heard nothing but awesome stuff regarding their guitars, though...this thread included.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
build quality is good. never had anything bad to say about that other than you should really start working on an angled headstock for their models

Slaeyer

Reaction score
...you should really start working on an angled headstock for their models

That would definitely be a great idea!

I finally decided not to order from S7.
Even though everyone praises their customer service, I have not been too happy with it. The mails I got were all very short and a lot of my questions have not been answered at all.

I'm also not sure if its a good idea to trust someone and pay him in advance if that person is not able to keep up to the promised schedule. And at least for me ordering a custom guitar requires trusting the company.
IMHO S7 could just be honest and tell that processing an order takes up to 12 months or more.
With some custom shops, like Daemoness, you need to wait way longer before the guitar is finally finished. (I think its 17-19 months at the moment) Still I would probably prefer spending my money with them, because they are honest enough to tell their customers in their first mail that it will take that long.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
^ exactly! That was my whole thing that made me upset with them. They, "Paul" initially told me 3-4 months then after that "soon". Then after that my build hasnt even been touched. All the Boden 8's that were ordered 3.5 months after i put my order in were completed and shipped out! Its BS i felt like i didnt matter cause im not in a band that can help promote them like Ola or whatever. Its just very annoying to lead someone on like that and get their hopes up when all they want to hear is the truth. Rant over

Reaction score
If a company did that in any other business it would be classified as a bit of a bait-and switch no?

Attract customers with promised short delivery dates you can't meet, then take way longer.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
build quality is good. never had anything bad to say about that other than you should really start working on an angled headstock for their models

Isn't a string tree standard on all guitars now? I thought I remember them saying that. If not I'll just ask for one :flex:

I'm really interested in getting one, because they offer longer scale lengths than 27" and I can still somewhat afford a S7. I wanna play one before I'd consider ordering, all this talk of super thin necks has me a bit worried :lol:

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I'm just about to place an order with S7, and that thread really irritated me.
Now I'm not that sure anymore, if I'd like them to build my custom, as I'm really not into waiting more than the 4-5 months (2 weeks ago Paul said it would take that long...)

Check out Skervesen. Their build quality is good and they are fast.

Plus, I imagine it will save money on shipping and import fees since its another EU country.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
^ exactly! That was my whole thing that made me upset with them. They, "Paul" initially told me 3-4 months then after that "soon". Then after that my build hasnt even been touched. All the Boden 8's that were ordered 3.5 months after i put my order in were completed and shipped out! Its BS i felt like i didnt matter cause im not in a band that can help promote them like Ola or whatever. Its just very annoying to lead someone on like that and get their hopes up when all they want to hear is the truth. Rant over

and AscendingMatt placed his order 4 months after me and got his before me.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Isn't a string tree standard on all guitars now? I thought I remember them saying that. If not I'll just ask for one :flex:

I'm really interested in getting one, because they offer longer scale lengths than 27" and I can still somewhat afford a S7. I wanna play one before I'd consider ordering, all this talk of super thin necks has me a bit worried :lol:

im not sure if its standard but its ok, at least they added it to compensate for the straight headstock.

also, their necks are not thin

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
im not sure if its standard but its ok, at least they added it to compensate for the straight headstock.

also, their necks are not thin

Mine isn't thin per say. But it doesn't play like it's fat. It's strange. It has some girth to it but it's comfortable and doesn't slow my playing down. That kind of how yours feels?

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Mine isn't thin per say. But it doesn't play like it's fat. It's strange. It has some girth to it but it's comfortable and doesn't slow my playing down. That kind of how yours feels?

i would describe it as girth and flat.

Tyler

Reaction score
mine wasn't terrible when I got it. Sure, I could have gotten more out of it for what I paid and it was delayed a while but Jim kept decent contact with me.

TheAbortionMachine

Reaction score

I got my Solar today and I would not say the neck is super thin, I wouldn't even consider it to be "regular thin".

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys :) I can live with some flat, but I'd read somewhere that they're pretty much the thinnest 8 string necks out there, glad to hear it's not true.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
Just saw that S7 has 10 S8s nearly ready, which can be bought on first come first serve basis.

Is it just me who's wondering about that? I mean some people seem to wait for their orders.. and some of them are several months overdue...

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
^ i still havent got mine back from getting the imperfections fixed.

I DOUBT its even been started. i dropped it off at the shop on oct 30th

')