Strictly 7 NGD... and so, so very much disappointment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This seems about like an 7/10 on how much an experience buying a custom guitar could possibly suck.
I'm sorry man..

[10/10 = expecting a mayones and getting a devries for $3500]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The odd part is he HAS to know this stuff will hit the forums and kill any ounce of banked credibility he's gained by following through with old builds. Or, he just simply doesn't have an eye for detail.

Or maybe this forum isn't as far-reaching as we'd like to think it is? I mean, it SEEMS like this company has been dragged through the dirt enough times over the years that S7 NGD threads should no longer surface. But apparently they're alive and kicking. :shrug:

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Or maybe this forum isn't as far-reaching as we'd like to think it is? I mean, it SEEMS like this company has been dragged through the dirt enough times over the years that S7 NGD threads should no longer surface. But apparently they're alive and kicking. :shrug:

I dunno, I haven't seen a "new" build in a long time.

Also, the lack of control cavity plate screams "I don't give a fu**". lol

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
That's really unfortunate. At least when I had a really disappointing experience with a custom build, I still got an amazing guitar out of it. I can't imagine how angry I'd be if, at the end of the frustrating process, the guitar I got were poorly built as well.

mniel8195

Reaction score
despite these guitars coming out looking horrible i don't know how these caught on in the first place? I ran into one of these guitars at guitar center in lynnwood Wa and it was just horrible feeling. It weighed like 12 lbs and had the strangest neck profile i had ever played!

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score

I think the forum is far-reaching, lol! It's just that S7 takes so damn long to build your guitar... In my case, I really didn't hear anything negative until long after I had placed my order. Of course, as soon as it's too late to get any money back, shit hits the fan and I just got to wait and hope that I'd get what I ordered...

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Shame you sold it for half the price as legally you should be able to get all your money back?
Its like ordering a 42" 1080p In Black, And them sending you a 37" 720p In white. Yeah it's still a TV but its not what you ordered, or Paid for. And aslong as you have proof of what you ordered then they've just blatently stolen from you.

Either way, Not a cool story and I'm sorry you had to go through it!! Hopefully your next custom will be with a reputable builder and will make up for this downfall! :D

jacksonguitar1111

Reaction score
I bought one S7 8 String used with piezo circuit.
The wiring had an issue and it ran out of battery every day.

To top that the trussrod was pretty much popping through the back.
yKp2yB5kVp.jpg

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
I'm speechless.

Thanks for the warning. Thanks for taking one for the team and possibly saving other people by your 'sacrifice.'

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty blown away by the absolute "i don't give a shit" that this thing screams. No control cover????

crystallake

Reaction score
Kinda funny on their About Us page:

The endless list of problems players have been forced to live with seemed unreasonable and entirely correctable. Here at S7G we offer “production” models that stand up to the best from other custom shops, and our own custom shop guitars can fulfill every players dream. We start with the best components available, pay incredible attention to every detail, and maintain unyielding quality control before the instrument leaves our shop.

If we wouldn’t play it, we wouldn’t expect a customer to buy it.

Tango616

7 String Samuri
Reaction score
L.O.L. "Stand up to the best from other custom shops."

That thing looks like it couldn't stand up to a $50 best buy First Act.

Absolutely disgusting, that was heartbreaking, Jim needs to be taken to court and sorted out, this is just flat out false advertising and stealing. You paid money for a good or service and you did not receive that good or service. Bottom line.

As for how S7G came to be a bigger name, As far as I know when Mr. Ola Englund was up and coming Jim reached out, and Ola being Ola made the brand big, but as we all know, that didn't work out too well since they seemed to be learning how to build guitars on the customers dime.

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
Thanks for all the sympathy and condolences. Tbh, I'm not too pissed aout it; I'm definitely disappointed, though.

The whole point of posting this is to add to the pile of warnings about throwing your hard-earned money at an unreliable "builder", especially one who puts out work like this and blames his customers when shit goes wrong.

I saw all the warnings and should have known better; granted, there wasn't too much of it out there when I placed my order. Regardless, I should've listened. If this thread keeps even one person from throwing their money away on this "company", then I'll be happy.

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
...they seemed to be learning how to build guitars on the customers dime.

Exactly!!! This is exactly what it seems like! This "guitar" I received looks like it was someone's first attempt to build a guitar. Tbh, I think it was. A few months after all his employees quit, he had a couple of the new kids he had hired come back part time on the weekends. I'm pretty sure he just let them do the work, even though they are highly unqualified.

On top of all this, he says he's getting ready for NAMM on his FB page... NAMM?! Again?!?! Such BS; your company pretty much goes under because you can't put out peoples' guitars within a reasonable amount of time and you spend all the deposits on NAMM show booths, so what do you do? Go to NAMM more, of course!!!

The biggest stinger for me was when he put out the email saying he couldn't finish peoples' guitars with the money they sent him because "the orders stopped coming in"... Isn't that a Ponzi scheme?!?! Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul?!?! So, I guess his business model is as follows: promise customer short build time to get their money, blow them off for a year or more and use their money to pay for NAMM booths, artist signature guitars, and other customers' builds, rinse and repeat until the house of cards falls down, blame "Internet trolls" and unhappy customers...

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The lack of control cavity cover just makes it clear that Jim does not give a crap anymore. Good that he is finishing peoples orders but he only has himself and his awful bushiness decisions to blame that S7 went down the toilet.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I think Jim has no pride in his work and brand. I mean, for sure he believes he does, but that's just delusional. The lack of the control cavity cover on this disgrace of a guitar proves that he really doesn't.

If he actually turns up at NAMM, I hope some of his oh so valued customers go up to him and make his appearance there a miserable experience. He needs to be called out for this shit and seriously stop running this business at the expense of customers who end up with something expensive, yet useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')