Strictly 7 NGD... and so, so very much disappointment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I came so close to ordering one for these a couple years ago, thank god Jim stopped responding to my Emails.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
I came so close to ordering one for these a couple years ago, thank god Jim stopped responding to my Emails.

Smart move on your part to stay away from them! I'd advise anyone even entertaining the thought of ordering from S7G to seriously rethink the terrible mistake you're about to make.

They're the shadiest of the shady!

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
This thread is so juicy, they'll start using it in Starbursts.

I can't believe you got shafted that hard on the guitar, man! Glad that you decided to cut your losses than to go the Sisyphean route.

Yeah, it's really not worth the extra headache dealing with them. It was bad enough when I actually thought they were going to produce a quality guitar; I can't even imagine what it'd be like having to deal with them through another build after seeing the first turd they sent me.

Very bad company; stay far, far away from them.

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
Jeez... I know I'm semi-necro bumping this thread, but I've gotta post this somewhere:

With S7G going to 2015 NAMM, Im still really pissed about what they did to me (basically stole a disabled vet's money). I posted a short review on their FB page and linked this thread in a couple places... Holy crap, did that open a can of worms!!!

They've been pulling the usual "blame the customer" crap, of course, posting that they haven't been able to tell their side of the story. Complete BS; this is their side of the story: convince customer guitar will have no flaws, quote short build time, get customer's money, spend a year building it, don't build it to customer specs and don't install hardware customer purchased and sent in, ship guitar that is completely half assed in every possible way, blame customer for being pissed.

They've been telling me that I would've just gotten a refund if I asked and that I'm threatening the careers of their employees!!!! Lol!

Didn't Jim just say he wasn't giving anyone refunds since he has no money?! Btw, they have all my mailing and PayPal info and never bothered to issue any sort of refund before I even said I didn't want one.

From what I've seen over the last few days is that they're strictly (see what I did there?) concerned with damage control, and once they have your money, everything they did wrong is now your fault.

They also keep telling me that "everyone who has gotten a guitar like yours has or will be getting a refund"... Wait, what?! You assholes actually shipped multiple guitars as half assed as this one? What a sad joke this company is.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
You know when I saw the Strictly 7 NAMM 2015 thread I actually thought of this thread and your situation.

I feel for you dude.

I remember when Strictly were getting off the ground and I got a random PM from Jim. I thought it was pretty cool and almost went for something. But then life happened and I didn't (luckily).

Flash forward four to coming back to this forum after a four year hiatus and all I'm hearing is how they f***ed up royally. Man was I glad… I never felt comfortable with their bolt on neck joints either.

I hope you get your money back man, the optimist in me wishes you the best of luck.

The pessimist says don't hold your breath. :(

Edit:

I don't know if you saw this, but once the "Music Discussion - Brought to you by GP" group heard wind of this they were sure the make some comments.

https://www.facebook.com/S7guitars/posts/804111769663998

I saw that, and laughed at the Sh*t storm that seemed to be blowing in. Their comments were as weak as the glue the construction of their guitars.

Insinfier

Reaction score
Again.. If you have a better idea that is fair to ALL the
customers.. I'm all ears. We cant give every customer a refund, it would not be fair to
the customers that are waiting patiently and want the guitars. These people also
outweigh the unsatisfied customers that are waiting. No matter what, some customers are going to be left unhappy.

Then stop taking orders and right all the wrongs you currently have on your plate, you ....ing failures. :noplease:

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
I swear, the more I see their "everyone is just hating on us" shit, my blood boils. I'm sorry, but anyone who gives money to these clowns is in for a rude awakening (I know since I've experienced it first hand).

They have all my contact info (phone number, Facebook info, PayPal info, home address, email address) and not one single time have I recieved an actual apology that wasn't actually a bunch of customer blaming bullshit in disguise on social media.

I hope someone who can actually go to NAMM gives them a piece of their mind.

At the outset, I even told Jim I was wary because of all the messed up guitars they had put out; and that I had saved up this money over a very long time out of my military disability funds. I received personal calls assuring me that the mistakes are in the past, the customers (keith Merrow, in particular) were just trolling and never gave them a fair shot, and that my guitar would be flawless...

Real classy S7, real classy :golfclap:

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
The only real consolation I've recieved was from Eric Nuss, who said he wouldn't have let that happen had he been in his current position in the company then. He offered to build me a guitar out of his own pocket, having nothing to do with Jim or S7G...

All I can say is that is a nice offer, but if you are having to settle your boss's past mistakes out of your own pocket, you should probably look for a more honest employer.

Also, don't blame upset customers for your employer's company's potential demise.

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. If you think you legally deserve a refund then you should take legal action. I haven't read everything on this thread, and I don't know the whole situation. All I know is you paid full price for a guitar you didn't get, and they're using their own personal problems (debt/other bs) as excuses. Get you're full 2K back an go pick up ANY Ibanez RG7

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
You should send some emails to their local news stations. People love vets, and seeing a story about a vet being ripped off and lied to? Holy hell, the shitstorm they'll be facing if a station decides to jump in.

ArnoldHablewitz

Thrash4ever
Reaction score
Saw the Strictly 7 booth at NAMM. I legitimately liked how the instruments played and for the most part how they sounded, but there are still many flaws. What's worse, is they try to play off the flaws with "well, it's a prototype." Dude, if the thing being a prototype means you can have finish bubbles rough fret ends...then leave the ....ing thing at home at least and only bring FINISHED guitars.

But before that...finish your guitars for all the customers who have purchased from you, before you even THINK about getting a booth at NAMM.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
What's worse, is they try to play off the flaws with "well, it's a prototype." Dude, if the thing being a prototype means you can have finish bubbles rough fret ends...then leave the ....ing thing at home at least and only bring FINISHED guitars..

I'd be willing to bet that those "prototypes" with many flaws are indeed their most flaw-free units buillt lately.
With such quality issues hanging over them I just don't believe they'd bring their B-stock anywhere close to NAMM, that is unless they have no A-stock, which I bet is the case.

djentychvggs

9-string Defiler
Reaction score
Their booth at NAMM was a joke. I remember at the 2014 show, they had such an elaborate booth as well as boasting about their new "djent" series and how much "Math" went in to their ugly as sin 9-string build.

This year it was a couple awful looking instruments, a line 6 amp, and hardly anyone was there. I don't know who's booth was more barren, S7 or Vik

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
ugly as sin 9-string build.

This year it was a couple awful looking instruments, a line 6 amp, and hardly anyone was there. I don't know who's booth was more barren, S7 or Vik

LOL...those are some crushing insults, I mean EVERYONE heard about what happened with Vik...I wonder if this thread, in particular, has caught their attention in a serious manner. Not sure how many threads have roasted them, but this one, at five pages, seems to be going strong...
It sucks, I understand business problems such as delays and debt (and whatever other excuses they're using) but like I said; that's no exception for failing to give the customer what they paid for. I don't understand how you can have customers filing complaints, requesting refunds, and still waiting for their product and then show up at NAMM saying "this will bring in money so we can fulfill future orders which will bring in more money to fix those old orders" How many graves are you trying to dig??

Yo dark pilgrim, have you figured out these legalities out yet? Unless they have a strict policy for non refunds and a brutal contract that you signed (which I haven't seen anywhere on this thread) then, as far as I know, you should be able to get a full refund. Heck, you could probably sue the living sh*t out of them for "loosing" pickups you sent them (unnecessary, don't, just throwing it out there).

Seriously, I'm tired of reading NGD threads where someone spent 3k for a 2+ year build and got a f*cking squire. Tired of seeing these "custom companies" getting away with this crap.

So are you planning legally getting you refund? Or did they offer you a legitimate refund? Or is this done and over with?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
After what happened with Siggery last night and the shit that went on with BRJ, S7G, and seems to be going down with ViK, I'm surprised people are still fantasizing about going with really small custom dealers.

EDIT: And Blackwater, apparently. Especially their pickups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')