Strictly 7 NGD... and so, so very much disappointment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
^ right? if im gonna be dropping custom dollars its gonna be with OAF, mayo, skerv, or carvin. cant think of anyone else id trust.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yes, although, like every crappy cop movie, "just when I get out, they pull me back in!" I feel like when I'm out then someone like John from Doberman, or Julius Jahn, or Shad Peters, or any number of these smaller luthiers comes along with something that seems so good I'll roll the dice just ooooonnnnnne more time. :lol:

I did just get my Doberman, so I know that it's possible I CAN actually receive a guitar I order. :lol:

Still, luthiers going belly up should be the exception, not the rule.

Reaction score
Let's not get carried away. I'd have no qualms about getting a custom from Todd Keehn (TK Instruments), for example.

Purelojik

Reaction score
i agree lets not get ahead of ourselves. the problem is that small luthiers are in a very small pond. One person goes down it makes ripples that effect everyone. I've had wonderful experiences with Aaron at blackwater guitars and his pickups are some of my favorite. I have two orders in with him currently as well.

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
So are you planning legally getting you refund? Or did they offer you a legitimate refund? Or is this done and over with?

Sorry, I've been away for a bit and am just now catching back up on the forums :)

I'm not planning on getting a refund at all, or a new build. As I said in one of my earlier posts, that's not the point behind this thread. This thread is purely to get another detailed review of a customer experience with this terrible company out there and hopefully deter any potential future (unhappy) customers fro giving their hard-earned money to these clowns.

After the nightmare that was dealing with them when they were actually taking my money, I can't imagine what it would be like trying to get it back from them... and I don't want to know either. This one is chalked up to experience for me.

All they do is try to blame the customer to save face on social media anyway.

This thread is simply here to air their dirty laundry and serve as yet another warning to the masses to stay the heck away from this garbage company. I should've heeded the warnings I saw, but I wanted to buy into Jim's BS, I guess.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I owned a great S7 Boden back in the day, and talked with Jim a good bit throughout it's production. Same with my Bernie Rico Black Friday builds. I stood behind both guys through what I can only assume were tough times for them. I don't think anyone starts out looking to run a company name into the ground, especially when that company is your own, but you can't go through life not being accountable for your own lack of forsight/actions/bad business practices. My guess is, you would have handled these situations differently 100% of the time if you were in their position, and like me you projected your own ideals onto other people. Don't fault yourself for wanting to believe in people, it's a virtue. good luck in the future broham.

zero_end

Lurker
Reaction score
1d99d7f286fec6bac7394be6c44d734a.jpg

Hope things work out.

:lol:

zero_end

Lurker
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, I feel for ya man. I think I've been screwed by a small luthier as well. Depending on how things unfold in the next couple of weeks, I'll be opening my own thread exposing yet another liar :(

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, I feel for ya man. I think I've been screwed by a small luthier as well. Depending on how things unfold in the next couple of weeks, I'll be opening my own thread exposing yet another liar :(

Rutroh...

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score

Sorry to hear... This whole experience has completely turned me off to the idea of ordering a custom instrument in the future. There are way too many variables just waiting to go wrong.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Sorry to hear... This whole experience has completely turned me off to the idea of ordering a custom instrument in the future. There are way too many variables just waiting to go wrong.

Just get yoself a Kiesel and call it a day :shred::shred::shred:

TREAT YOSELF!

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
I'm not planning on getting a refund at all, or a new build. As I said in one of my earlier posts, that's not the point behind this thread. This thread is purely to get another detailed review of a customer experience with this terrible company out there and hopefully deter any potential future (unhappy) customers fro giving their hard-earned money to these clowns.

Ah ok I see. My bad, the thread kept going so I thought it was gonna lead to something...like revenge! Lol Anyway thanks for the thread, it definitely showed me a lot. Strictly Seven is permanently out the window. In fact, I think I'll stay away from most customs shops from now on.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Still, luthiers going belly up should be the exception, not the rule.

Internet actually has tow effects:
-New guys can advertise
-You can get online training and try your hand at it without any actual tutorship

Likely resulting in more people attempting it overall. Some amateur guys in the build section certainly turn up good stuff.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread motivated me to register an account and also stay away from the brand - I'm familiar with the disappointing experience of guitar purchases as well. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')