String saddle travel distance on seven-string tune-o-matic (low B).

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Damn, sorry I didn't post this last night, ... there is no difference between my Agile 12-string, my Raines or Epiphone 7-strings as far as the angles go, too. You should be good to go.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Damn, sorry I didn't post this last night, ... there is no difference between my Agile 12-string, my Raines or Epiphone 7-strings as far as the angles go, too. You should be good to go.

No problem, Lee. Yes, the more I think about it, the more it seems that my initial concerns were unnceccesary, which is a good thing. :) I guess that my concern originated from being unable to intonate my ES335 when I attempted to tune it in B standard. It seems that the extra distance given by the fact that 7-string bridges are slightly longer is neccesary.

Most people will probably criticise my decision to go with a TOM bridge over a flat-mount, but I vastly prefer the feel of TOMs, especially for palm muting.

Jason_Clement

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the TOM on my new Schecter SLS C-7. I have the lowest string all intonated up, but it sounds dead. I think it might be because it's too thick to sit properly in the slider-saddle-thing on the actual bridge? I don't know. :( It's a .59 on a 26.5 scale.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
I'm having issues with the TOM on my new Schecter SLS C-7. I have the lowest string all intonated up, but it sounds dead. I think it might be because it's too thick to sit properly in the slider-saddle-thing on the actual bridge? I don't know. :( It's a .59 on a 26.5 scale.

Ease the tension off on the string and press down on it pickup side of where it passes over the saddle. This bends the string into the correct position.

And nice neco-bump there :cool:

')