String snapping in the middle with Kraken Octa 8

• Thread starter Nique
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nique

Reaction score
Yo,

I bought a Kraken Octa 8 not too long ago. Cheap guitar, great for the price, and I thought the only problem I had with it was the pickups...

But twice in the space of a month now, I've gone for a tone or two bend on the high E string, and it will snap right in the middle. Not at the nut, not at the bridge. Right in the middle of the string.

I'm using D'addario exl-140 8s, so the high E is a .10. Wondering if I'd have more or less success using 11s? Only had this problem once on my 7, with old strings. Cheers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I also use a .10 on high e and have never had that problem with any of my guitars. The only time it has was on a tun-o-matic bridge with old strings. But you could see it was a break at the bridge and not in the middle.

Try to see if an .11 would work.

Hertz32

Reaction score
Is it always at the same point in the middle? Sounds like that fret needs a crown and polish if so

Nique

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll check out the frets and see what's going on.

Just a disclaimer that this is likely nothing to do with D'addario - never have a problem with them and they've been great in response to this post.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
The other thing that might be worth looking at is whether the case is putting pressure on the string/s at this point when it is closed - causing the string to bend repeatedly at that point and fatiguing the metal.

Latest posts

')