This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
As long as the guitar is set up properly it will not damage the guitar. Make sure the neck is straight and that the truss rod is not bending the neck.

Find a new luthier :2c:

(if I am reading this right and he is saying a 62 is to much tension and it will hurt the guitar)

Glint Symmetry

Reaction score
LOL

can you put in here the complete set of strings? maybe i go and try...like 10,13,17,blabla

i cant imagine people here that use 70 in drop G# and say they like tight...give me the creeps all over my body...lol is so tight bro

and the truss rod i got to give a touch in there to inst? make the arm go more flat i like small bow the enough to make the string vibrates...if i tight the satrings i got to correct the truss inst?

Glint Symmetry

Reaction score
ok,is a old luthier may i say that...:p but a good one.

but i make the adjsutements in my guitar,this talk about the strings was when i go and put some new frets in the guitar,like new my baby...

the shit is that i see the arm bow when i tight more the strings,im very perceptive?(fucking english that i forget the words) person and i can feel the arm bow and i hate that,more then chinese stores lol

i got to create the balance to stay with the arm straight and thats it?

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Only adjust the truss rod if the neck bows. Do this by sighting the neck. If the neck does not change do not do anything.

My strings are 11-14-18-28-38-48 with a 64. In drop Ab My guitar is 25.5" though.

Glint Symmetry

Reaction score
im going to buy 10,13,17,24,34,44,62? or 60?

but ok thanx for the help,got to spend some euros in strings and discover for myself,i think is the best way...

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Maybe .10, .13, .17, .26w, .36w, .46w, .68w for your 26.5"

I think this is a pretty good set. I like a good bit of tension though. I use a .11-.52 with a low .74 on my 25.5".

Glint Symmetry

Reaction score
lol i think that is to tight,the 6 strings are only half step down from standard and the low 7 is the only that got 2 all steps down and half from B,A to G# so i think that 62 will stay nice and even a 60...if we think that my schecter comes with 56 for the low 7 in standard tune

i repeat i not a fan of tight strings,its annoying make bends with this tightness is so compress way to play not for me :S

how misha from periphery use 10 -56? in Drop G#? baritone? :|

Djentleguy

Reaction score
If I tune to Drop G# I'd take a regular 10-52 set and put a 62 on the thickest string.:yesway: Believe me it won't be too tight even in Drop A\B Standard.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
70 in G# is not tight. It's actually similar tension as like a 49 in E. i.e. Normal. Will treat the truss rod exactly the same. I use 11-49+70 for drop G#. Perfect match!
The 57s or so given in standard 7 string sets are a bad match. Awfully loose compared to the rest of the set.

')