Strings

• Thread starter MGasparotto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    strings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MGasparotto

Breaker of G strings
Reaction score
Recently acquired a 828 intrepid and nowhere in my town sells 8 string sets =\ I was thinking getting a 6 string set of .12-.56 then getting 2 bass strings for the B and F# but would that be a problem in any way? And what gauge should I get the 2 bass strings. Lowest I'll be tuning is half step down most likely.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
.065 for b and a .074 or .080 for the f#

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
screw buying locally if they don't serve your needs, just buy single strings straight from D'Addario.

tvboy123

Reaction score
I agree with Sephael, just get them online. Or if you really want to support local music shops, see if they can order you in some (although this can be a bit of a nightmare with some rare gear occasionally lol). My best bet is to get your strings online if your local shop doesn't do them.

MGasparotto

Breaker of G strings
Reaction score
Well I was worried about giant shipping costs If I do that
Just paid 230 shipping for the guitar I got

Dayn

Reaction score
Shipping on strings isn't high at all. I get two custom eight-string sets from StringsByMail for around $22AU~ including shipping. Faster and cheaper than buying locally...

MGasparotto

Breaker of G strings
Reaction score
I think i'll order em online then, checked it out and it's a whole lot less of a hassle and I get exactly what i want

')