Struggling to make my own music

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
Trying to get back into recording my own music.
This was the last song i wrote and made. I mixed , recorded and produced this song. Made this song during the lockdown when i actually had time to play guitar. Anyway this was my 1st attempt in recording and making music. I dont know any theory and could barely play guitar. Any advise on
- song writing
- composition
-guitar playing

All i did on this song was hit record and play. I just made it all up.
Listen to Paradise Is Lost RD15 by David Cho 2 on #SoundCloud

Thank you for your time

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Band: "Sorry we suck."
Me: "Cool, thanks for the warning, I'm going to go stand outside and pretend to smoke cigarettes for an hour."

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Dude Veji your song sounds better than literally at least 50% of guitarists. Shut up at this point, please, because it feels like you're fishing for compliments again

Edit: and wait, what are you talking about this is your first attempt at recording and writing music? I've heard at least 4 or 5 of your original songs, wtf?

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude Veji your song sounds better than literally at least 50% of guitarists. Shut up at this point, please, because it feels like you're fishing for compliments again.
Some might say, that he is just programmed different than the rest of us.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Maybe you were recording in 44.1kHz? It can happen.. You have to record in 48kHz, it sounds so much better! Changes the mix entirely and sounds a lot more musical!

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
My friend learned to play guitar yesterday and recorded this short track. He needs pointers on his technique and writing. Don't be too harsh.

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
My friend learned to play guitar yesterday and recorded this short track. He needs pointers on his technique and writing. Don't be too harsh.

Awful. I can tell your friend doesn't know any music theory and blows his gear budget on family trips to planet hollywoo. I suggest he smoke more weed and listen to electric wizard's dopethrone.

Latest posts