Studio Desk Pr0nz

The Shadow

Reaction score
So. after about 7 years of having the same setup in my music room, and getting a pair of KRK RP6's that don't have enough room to sit on the table, I've decided to create my own studio desk.

So being the crafty bastard that I am, I designed one on Google Sketchup

New Studio Desk by Jeromy - Google 3D Warehouse

My dilemma, is whether the placement I have selected would cause me to have unwanted reflections and all that other nasty stuff that happens when you're mixing in a small enclosed space. Also, any other studio-building input would be appreciated.

Excuse the crap covering the floor.

img3640go.jpg

img3640go.jpg

img3642b.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MacTown09

Reaction score
That desk looks freakin awesome and so does this cool 3D google tool! I hope you get it all put together soon!

Scottckr

Wololololo
Reaction score
Your "mixing station" should be placed in the room where the shape of the room is most symmetrical on both sides so you don't get different reflections on your left and right ear.
I've seen some guides around the interwebz that explains this with a bit more depth, I'm not really a pro on this stuff :p

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
^

... with the speakers facing towards the longest part of the room, to prevent early reflections...

Use that window to get some natural light while you work. A tidy workspace is a more pleasant place to be. Could do some storage when you make the desk to help with cables etc.

Good luck!

Latest posts

')